Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Been away for a while, but back now - some shiny model pics to show off.
Posted By: Warped, 09-21-2009, 12:27 AM

Hi All,

Long time no chat - been away from the forums for a while but hoping to be back more regularly now

Managed to shoot quite a lot over the last year or so - lots to catch up on - but the major highlight since last logging in was getting to work with the amazing Emily Marilyn (link NSFW - www.emilymarilyn.com) who was out here visiting from the States a while back.

There's a number of full sets on her site available to her members and there are a few preview galleries up on my site now, with a few more to come. Here's a few teasers of the "safer" stuff I shot.

The not so safe stuff isn't all that explicit or "rude", but the bodysuit she was wearing was very transparent and would make this post NSFW.

I've also been doing some work for a local company here in Perth importing latex gear (Flesh Rubber). There's 3 full sets from that shoot on my site, but here' some examples to take a look at:

All credits are listed on my site in the galleries and from where I've linked to these on Flickr.

All of these were shot on my vernerable K100D, most were using the kit lens that came with my MZ50 some 12 or so years ago (Sigma 28-80 Aspherical) and the black background shots of Emily were with a Pentax 16-45 (I think) that was loaned to me.

Cheers,

Wayne.
Views: 3,012
09-21-2009, 01:19 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like! Not the typical landscape/birds/kitten shot

edit: no flickr link?
09-21-2009, 01:41 AM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Executed to perfection Wayne.
Excellent work.
The multi-exposures are just fantastic.
The shiny latex makes lighting more of a challenge - well done.
09-21-2009, 06:17 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
@xhanatos - right click and hit properties and it'll show the link to the URL and my Flickr profile.

Me on Flickr - Flickr: Warped-Photography's Photostream
The rest of the pics are either already up in galleries on my site or will be soon, all of them in the Fantasy/Fetish section:
Warped Photography : Fantasy-Fetish- powered by SmugMug

Thanks for the comments - glad the pics are liked

09-22-2009, 01:01 AM   #5
Veteran Member

its great!

may i ask how did you post the same person on a single picture? thx
09-22-2009, 01:32 AM   #6
AM2
Forum Member

Wow!

Amazing images, the first few seem to have been done with a very large softbox... was it an octagon?

The saturation and crispness is amazing, as mentioned in an earlier post, "executed to perfection"!

Cheers
09-22-2009, 01:44 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Great stuff Wayne! Thanks for sharing these.

09-22-2009, 01:46 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rustynail925 Quote
its great!

may i ask how did you post the same person on a single picture? thx
Seeing as how it's the one background and a plain colour it's quite easy. My "standard" that I process to is A3 and 300 dpi. So al I do then is:
- open the 3 individual pics,
- cntrl +A to select all, cntrl+c to copy, close the image.
- Go the the one that'll be the base image and paste the image you've copied.
- reduce tranparency so you can see where the original is and use the eraser to rub away anything that overlaps.
- If you've moved forwards or backwards or changed the zoom length a slight "tranform" and "scale" might be needed.
- copy the first few steps for as many layers as you need, flatten image at the end of it all and you're done.

For me - all done in Photoshop CS2.

QuoteOriginally posted by AM2 Quote
Amazing images, the first few seem to have been done with a very large softbox... was it an octagon?

The saturation and crispness is amazing, as mentioned in an earlier post, "executed to perfection"!

Cheers
Lighting set up for the ones with the black background was a standard large'ish rectangular softbox to camera right and a large white rectangular reflector to camera left. There was a also a strobe with a fine snoot and honeycomb grid on it to the rear and camera left as a hair light to give a bit of seperation from the background for her hair/head.

Cheers,

Wayne.
09-22-2009, 02:30 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Now this is what i call skills. Thanks for the inspiration.
09-22-2009, 06:29 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I love it! I especially like the picture of her hanging the laundry to dry. It has so much "social" contrast. Nicely executed. This type of photography and industrial shots are my favorite.

I can't wait to see more of your work.