D e s o l a t i o n
Posted By: Nixarma, 05-24-2007, 10:27 AM

View it on a black background for intended effect:

Zenfolio | Nikhil Sarma | Monochrome

Comments welcome and appreciated!
Views: 1,229
05-24-2007, 11:41 AM   #2
Inactive Account

sweet shot. Those two little lights at the top could go maybe... can't make out wthat they would be. .holes in the wall?

Thanks for your comments/help btw

Christian
05-24-2007, 01:58 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks, Christian. The lights are from holes in the lampshade. I adjusted the contrast curves such that one can barely make out (going by my calibrated monitor) the lower boundary of the lampshade. The wire along the wall breathes life into said lamp.
05-24-2007, 03:17 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It's an interesting photo and I do like it but have to agree with Christian, the two little lights on top are destractions.

Heinrich

05-24-2007, 03:33 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
To me this image hints at violence, intimidation, even torture. The title doesn't seem to quite chime with this though. Am I reading too much?
05-24-2007, 04:51 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dseang Quote
To me this image hints at violence, intimidation, even torture. The title doesn't seem to quite chime with this though. Am I reading too much?
Desolation... despair... it all ties in with the things you mentioned and I wanted to leave the violence implied. Some people I've shown the image to have found it to be very disturbing but the story behind the photograph is very innocuous
05-25-2007, 09:25 AM   #7

Original Poster
Just to add... I wanted this photograph to be open to interpretation. The desolation need not have violent roots. It could be due to depression, isolation etc and could also be violent in nature.... or some combination of the above.

A lot of my work so far has been very documentary in nature and while I do enjoy that I am trying to produce some work that lends itself to multiple interpretations.