Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
From the bank
Posted By: Photo Tramp, 05-24-2007, 04:24 PM

Just one river shot. I really liked the way the water reflected the far bank.

Thanks for looking.
Views: 2,455
05-24-2007, 04:53 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hm, that river looks VERY inviting, Looks like our Ozark streams here in Mo, which means one thing to me............ SMALLMOUTH BASS !!!! woo hoo, waiting for the invitation
05-24-2007, 05:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
definitely looks like a place to go back to again with a little more time and explore...

it's neat how the reflection doesn't start right at the edge of the water, due to the "rapids" there - if you want to call them that.

what river is that, David?
I was in Akron this past weekend... I would have pm'd you but it was for my brother's wedding, and until the ride home Sunday afternoon I think I had maybe 15 minutes spare time that wasn't pre-planned and running around like a nutcase...
05-24-2007, 05:50 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Great. I like how the old tree sit in between the rapids and the clear calm water and divide the photo nicely.

Cheers

Eddie

05-25-2007, 01:34 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
Hm, that river looks VERY inviting, Looks like our Ozark streams here in Mo, which means one thing to me............ SMALLMOUTH BASS !!!! woo hoo, waiting for the invitation
It is filled with small mouth and crappie bass, a few muskie and just recently shad.

Come on down the fishing is fine. and your welcome any time.
05-25-2007, 01:47 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
The river is the Conestoga river Dan, the house sits only 50 ft. from the bank. Great place to live and always something different each day to marvel at. Some very good fishing and always great for cooling off with in the heat of the summer. (except when the flood hit)

Thank you Eddie. It is a small set of rapids now, but back in the late 1800's it was a low head dam for the old grist mill. which we turned into 7 apartments in the late 60's. We own the warehouse part of the mill, and our neighbor owns the actual mill (which BTW still has the stone and part of the race in the basement) the mill operated up until 1963. When he passes (and with his health won't be long) we will be the first ones to be asked if we want the building. (the last time I ask him about selling it he was asking way to much).
05-26-2007, 07:56 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Excellent!

Hi David!

Had to find this one again. I saw it at work and wanted to tell you how outstanding it is. The rapids make it unusual. Most of the time when you see a 'opposite bank reflected' photo, the water is all still. Your's is different because of the break in the still water. It's pretty cool and I like it a lot!