Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Summer portraits
Posted By: sealisthenewbeaver, 09-26-2009, 02:28 AM

Some random portraits from a rather unfortunate trip to major rockfestival...

I was promised to get a proper photopass as I was about to write a story for a magazine. When I got there they told me that I was allowed to shoot, but not in the pit. I was really angry as there was a supernice line-up and obviously I wasn't interested to get in the middle of the crowd with my gear... So, instead I just decided to enjoy the sun, get wasted for two days and harass random people every now and then to get at least few portraits from the trip...

Here's few...

Views: 1,410
09-26-2009, 02:47 AM   #2
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
nice set, especially 3 and 4 because of the sharp details int he face against the blurred background. colors in 3 are also very nice, 4 is cut a bit too much imo but great still
09-26-2009, 04:18 AM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Interesting series.
Sharply captured.
Tight cropping in 4 as mentioned.
Well done.
09-26-2009, 07:28 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Now that is a slice of life - very good captures of randome poeple.

09-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks.

All of the shots are just scaled down to web-/flickr-size and/or cropped into a square. But none are really partial crops or anything.

I don't know if the reason for rather tight crops was alcohol, but looking at the pics from the weekend there was a tendency to go closer and closer as the day went on...

Anyway, the best thing about rock-festivals is that people are always on good mood (or drunk) and thus always more than willing to strike a pose for anyone and especially for a person who's carrying a "big camera".