Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
First Hay: Evening Panorama
Posted By: SCGushue, 05-24-2007, 07:11 PM

I was coming home late this evening when I passed this farm that I do daily. the weather has been great for a change and the first cutting of the hay was done today. I happened to have the K10 with me with a new Da 40mm Limited that I was testing.

I couldn't get the image to cover what I wanted to photograph so I did a handheld pano and stitched it in PTGui. It seems to have captured what I thought it looked like when I was standing there.

Another image cropped from another pano. I simply like the play of the light on the grass.

Stephen
Stephen C. Gushue's Photo Galleries at pbase.com

Last edited by SCGushue; 05-27-2007 at 10:00 AM.
Views: 1,329
05-24-2007, 10:50 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Very nice country side pano. I love the carts with turf in them.
05-25-2007, 09:42 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice pano Stephen, brings back memories of being a youngster, traveling around the country and working on farms. "Hay time" being two words that meant dawn to dark labor and also comraderie, a simple life style and enough money in the pocket to go someplace else. Nice colors and a great looking farm.

NaCl(after a while you remember the good parts and forget about sleeping under a hedge in a rainstorm)H2O
05-25-2007, 10:17 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Nice pano Stephen, brings back memories of being a youngster, traveling around the country and working on farms. "Hay time" being two words that meant dawn to dark labor and also comraderie, a simple life style and enough money in the pocket to go someplace else. Nice colors and a great looking farm.

NaCl(after a while you remember the good parts and forget about sleeping under a hedge in a rainstorm)H2O
Salty,

I grew up in LA and NYC. I worked on farms during high school when I considered Cornell for the study of Verterinary Medicine. You are right, time dulls the senses and the memories of haying take on a wonderful tone. Unfortunately, the reality was that we did not have kicker bailers or any high tech baleing equipment. Back then it was just grunt work and incredibly hard labor in hot, steamy weather. The hands were raw and cut from handling each and every bale 4- 6 times before it mowed in the barn. the chaff got under your bleeding skin and the sweat and chaff made you itch till the cows came home

Ahhh, but...like yesterday evening... the late setting sun on freshly mown hayfields and that intoxicating scent of fresh hay...well...it was just great...if not an illusion

Stephen

Stephen C. Gushue's Photo Galleries at pbase.com