Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A few old kit lens photos
Posted By: palmor, 05-24-2007, 08:40 PM

Going through some old photos (not long after I got my DS) and re-processed these. Sometimes its fun to find something that is halfway decent after so long

As usual I include the link to the pbase gallery since the auto resize seems to soften photos up a bit.

Thanks for looking
John

pbase link: Antique Store photo - palmor photos at pbase.com

pbase link: Getting a Bearing photo - palmor photos at pbase.com

pbase link: Lake House photo - palmor photos at pbase.com

Views: 1,432
05-25-2007, 08:05 AM   #2

I really like the last one,it has so vivid colors,almost like a painting!
05-25-2007, 08:41 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
These are nice vivid shots. Very inviting locations.
One thing I notice that I didn't like in my kit lens (used on my K100D body) is that the pictures tend to over saturate. What I did was to work in AV mode so I could go into bright color mode and move the saturation slide to one notch on the minus side.
Saturation is a matter of taste, of course but I think the pictures look more natural and even sharper when the saturation is toned down. Looking forward to seeing more of your shots. Freddy
05-25-2007, 08:51 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I really like the first two shots but the skewed shoreline on the third bothers me. Nice composition and good colors but I feel like I'm about to slide off to the right.

NaCl(of course I could just tilt my head a bit)H2O