Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Sample photo from a wedding
Posted By: Trig, 09-27-2009, 07:13 PM

This was one of many photos from my first wedding shoot. This one was taken during the preparation. Only wish I would have had the shake reduction feature on.

K-7 with FA50mm F1.4 lens, 1/25s, f1.4, ISO200

Views: 2,069
09-27-2009, 07:45 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Trig.
Nice try.
A few fundamental things from my perspective...

Subject's very blurry. Far too shallow DoF at f/1.4 - stop down to at least f/2.8 if you wanted the little girl in sharp focus. You have all the latitude you need with ISO - boost it to make the shutter speed faster and avoid camera shake.

May as well keep SR on as your default setting unless you've got the camera on a tripod.

Although the WB seems just about right on the girl's left side of the face (image right), the yellow lighting is far too densely yellow to be natural - either needs a different WB setting or some selective colouring in PP to balance it out a little.

That's it from me.