Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Two days on the Icefields Parkway, day two...
Posted By: Heinrich Lohmann, 09-30-2009, 06:15 PM

...part one.

K20D and 16-45

Woke up to steady light rain. K20D 16-45

K20D and 55-300

The sun is trying to poke through the clouds

K20D and 16-45

K20D and Bigma

Comments are always welcome and appreciated
Views: 1,207
09-30-2009, 07:10 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That snow/ice looks like lava pouring down the mountain.Very effective shot Heinrich
09-30-2009, 10:20 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I looked at these wonderful images and thought: "the sign of things to come" as winter approaches (at least for you folks up North). Very well done, as usual, my friend.

Jer
09-30-2009, 10:43 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Great shots, amazing how much she's receeded, eh? I was up there a few years ago. Didn't have my Pentax at the time. The weather went from sunny to bitter cold rain as the wind blew down across the ice from the top in as little as 5 minutes. It was a mad dash back to the car!

10-01-2009, 04:42 AM   #5
JMR
Veteran Member

Great shots Heinrich. It may be rough to be in, but that misty rains sure produces incredible photos in the hands of a photogrpaher like you. I also have to say, the ability to enlarge the images really make them come alive. I really like the third image, where the terrain is being enveloped by the mist.

JMR
10-01-2009, 09:00 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Barnster Quote
That snow/ice looks like lava pouring down the mountain.Very effective shot Heinrich
Thank you Barnster, on the pictures it looks like relative small areas but in reality these are huge ice fields.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I looked at these wonderful images and thought: "the sign of things to come" as winter approaches (at least for you folks up North). Very well done, as usual, my friend.

Jer
Hi Jer and thank you, winter is around the corner had our first frost of the season last night.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by sebberry Quote
Great shots, amazing how much she's receeded, eh? I was up there a few years ago. Didn't have my Pentax at the time. The weather went from sunny to bitter cold rain as the wind blew down across the ice from the top in as little as 5 minutes. It was a mad dash back to the car!
Thank you, it is scary how fast the Athabasca glacier is receding. In my next post I'll have an image wit time markers.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
Great shots Heinrich. It may be rough to be in, but that misty rains sure produces incredible photos in the hands of a photogrpaher like you. I also have to say, the ability to enlarge the images really make them come alive. I really like the third image, where the terrain is being enveloped by the mist.

JMR
Hi JMR and thank you. The light can be incredible in the rain but very challenging when the sun decides to make an appearance.

Take care,
10-01-2009, 09:55 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow looks like it was pretty socked in there Heinrich - I agree the glaciers looks like Lava - a nice series.
10-01-2009, 01:56 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Wow looks like it was pretty socked in there Heinrich - I agree the glaciers looks like Lava - a nice series.
Thank you Dave, it stopped raining for a while after this and there was a wee bit of sunlight but then the rain started in earnest.

Take care,