Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Walk About on a nice evening
Posted By: daacon, 05-25-2007, 11:20 PM

The wife and I went out for a walk at the Legislative Grounds tonight - thought I would post a few - used the 18-125 have not had that one on for a while. It was a nice night.Too Late no PP , croping , just a quick resize .

Bright Building and dark skies
Name:  PostLeg1.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  78.9 KB

Where our laws are made
Name:  Postleg2.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  66.8 KB

Fountain
Name:  PostLeg3.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  74.0 KB

Love the colors in this one
Name:  PostLeg5.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  107.1 KB

My "Best Friend" at attention
Name:  PostLeg6.jpg(Large).jpg
Views: 135
Size:  85.0 KB

Views: 1,360
05-26-2007, 01:00 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I love the fountain. It was one of my favorite places the short time that I lived in Edmonchuck
05-26-2007, 04:41 AM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cool. I'm impressed - but again I think it's more the person behind the lens than the lens itself that makes these pictures come alive.
Thanks for sharing - was thinking about getting that lens...
05-26-2007, 08:45 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Ash - the lens is a pretty decent performer (given enough light) and not a bad price , I was thinking about getting the 16-45 for the wide end or a 18-250 ish for more zoom not sure .... but may hang tough and wait the DA* series ..thanks for the compliment .... I am trying and truly enjoy this stuff :-)

05-26-2007, 09:03 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Those are very nice.

Someone had suggested this lens in response to a recent post of mine asking about suggestions for a "travel lens". It fits the focal length parameters that I am looking for, but would like something faster (may have to revise my thinking). My gripes with zooms (mostly from my film past) are vignetting and speed. What's your experience relative to vignetting (I thought that I saw a little in one picture) with this lens and how's the auto-focus?
05-26-2007, 09:53 AM   #6

Hmm, but all images are slightly inclined to the right?
05-26-2007, 10:29 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aabram Quote
Hmm, but all images are slightly inclined to the right?
Yeah no pp was late
05-26-2007, 10:36 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PeterAM Quote
Those are very nice.

Someone had suggested this lens in response to a recent post of mine asking about suggestions for a "travel lens". It fits the focal length parameters that I am looking for, but would like something faster (may have to revise my thinking). My gripes with zooms (mostly from my film past) are vignetting and speed. What's your experience relative to vignetting (I thought that I saw a little in one picture) with this lens and how's the auto-focus?
Vignetting is not so bad I find but I am no expert ...given enough light and a relatively simple frame Auftofocus is fast - however on difficult subject sometime it just can't get it. I took some of those shots at dusk and I think any of the flaws can be corrected with PP. I am a rookie so in the hands of someone more experieicned the results could be better right out of the camera .

For example on a AF issue I had this night I tried to zoom in on a squirrel in a tree , Autofocus never did get it ... I find the other Sigma 70-300 better with AF but again not stellar (compared to my other two lenses)

Btoom line though for me I think for price and range in daylight it is great and a keeper.