Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
San Francisco LovEvolution
Posted By: inferno10, 10-04-2009, 09:20 AM

LovEvolution is a dance music parade and festival held yearly in San Francisco. The festival started off with a parade that wentthrough Market Street, which is in the heart of SF. The parade, which people on the sidewalks could participate in by dancing alongside the floats, ended up at Civic Center, where dancing and electronic music went on through the day and into the night at various after-parties.

It's really a fun and interesting event to photograph at.

Here's the link to the full set: 2009 LovEvolution - a set on Flickr

And here's some photos from the set to give you a feel for this event:

One of the DJ groups and people dancing. This shows the sheer amount of people at the event. It was pretty much full contact every step you took.

I felt a bit pervvy at times photographing such scantily-clad girls, but I did participate in the dancing too to get my shots =D. I didn't remain stationary targeting people like the tower of guys here:

- Jason

Last edited by inferno10; 10-04-2009 at 11:44 PM.
Views: 1,638
10-04-2009, 10:43 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cool use of FE in #1.
#3 is a brilliant capture - clone out the building detail on the right and it's clean and simple for a Getty's image IMO.
Well done Jason.
10-04-2009, 11:35 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice. A friend of mine was DJing there (DJ Nisus)... Hilarious tower of photogs... (sadly, that's where I'd be too ).

Not really my scene, but looks...fun!
10-06-2009, 08:26 PM   #4
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Maybe it's just me, but the scantily clad girls photo looks a tad better than the "tower of guys"!

10-07-2009, 08:08 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
Maybe it's just me, but the scantily clad girls photo looks a tad better than the "tower of guys"!
Yeah it's just you

That looks like a serious Party ... well done.