Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Pseudo Abstracts + 1 Granddaughter
Posted By: Sailor, 10-09-2009, 01:30 PM

Technically wretched pictures that I decide - for one reason or another - to keep, I designate as "abstracts". Here are three such abstracts taken a week or so ago in Galveston's Moody Gardens Aquarium - which presents a photographer of limited abilities more challenges than can be overcome. Still I kinda like 'em. The last picture is of my granddaughter, who found the day trip to Moody to be exhilarating.

Jer

Views: 1,962
10-09-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hard to nail focus in those situations Jer.
But your granddaughter shot's spot on - nice memory to keep.
10-09-2009, 05:46 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice kid shot with your granddaughter.
10-09-2009, 08:07 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like the first two Jer - the turtle and dolphins look good. The third not so much and of course the last one is a keeper - the look of joy on her face (or is it her thinking of when the Porche will be hers )

10-10-2009, 06:09 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Hard to nail focus in those situations Jer.
But your granddaughter shot's spot on - nice memory to keep.
Thanks, my friend. The shutter speeds (1/15 - 1/45 sec) necessary owing to the low light were just too slow to grab these rapidly moving fish. Still, it was worth a try; not like I'm wasting film.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by jimH Quote
Nice kid shot with your granddaughter.
Thanks, Jim.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
I like the first two Jer - the turtle and dolphins look good. The third not so much and of course the last one is a keeper - the look of joy on her face (or is it her thinking of when the Porche will be hers )
Thanks, buddy. BTW, I just discovered that an air bag cut off switch (which I'll need if Claire is to ride in the car) is a dealer installed option ; so far, I haven't summoned the courage to call the dealer to learn the cost of that exercise.

Jer
10-10-2009, 06:50 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
<snip>

Thanks, buddy. BTW, I just discovered that an air bag cut off switch (which I'll need if Claire is to ride in the car) is a dealer installed option ; so far, I haven't summoned the courage to call the dealer to learn the cost of that exercise.

Jer
No way is that insane!! I'll bet that be a K7 and then some - unbelievable , it's like the flights (up here anyway) that are advertised for $99 with an asterisk. Once you hit the add to card $300 of surcharges and taxes 'pop' up Best of luck.
10-10-2009, 10:38 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Thanks, my friend. The shutter speeds (1/15 - 1/45 sec) necessary owing to the low light were just too slow to grab these rapidly moving fish. Still, it was worth a try; not like I'm wasting film.

Jer

Thanks, Jim.

Jer

Jer
Jer, should've bought a truck or SUV, it's standard equipment.

10-10-2009, 10:41 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jer, love that shot of your granddaughter, you are accumulating a nice set of photos of her.
10-10-2009, 11:50 AM   #9
Veteran Member

In thinking about this I know in the wife's Sportage (I know a Kia is not a Porche ahah) it's a '06 and the passenger side air bag is activated by weight in the seat anything under 70lbs it is not active (ligth comes one) anything over 70lbs the air bag is active suprised you don't have that.
10-10-2009, 05:01 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Jer, should've bought a truck or SUV, it's standard equipment.
Heinrich, my friend, life is too short - much too short - to spend time driving an SUV or pickup .

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Jer, love that shot of your granddaughter, you are accumulating a nice set of photos of her.
Thanks for the very nice words. She truly "lights up" my life.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
In thinking about this I know in the wife's Sportage (I know a Kia is not a Porche ahah) it's a '06 and the passenger side air bag is activated by weight in the seat anything under 70lbs it is not active (ligth comes one) anything over 70lbs the air bag is active suprised you don't have that.
Yeah, it's funny - German manufacturers seem to make the exotic stuff standard and the mundane optional.

I had to order my '08 BMW 328i Sport (which I dearly love, BTW) in part because I wanted the . . . . OPTIONAL . . . . fold down back seat (it's an elegant arrangement, but still . . . . ). Also, on the Bimmer, an alarm system is a dealer-installed option, yet it has air bag senors that determine not only whether the bag should deploy but at what inflation. Go figure.

My wife's 9-year-old Honda Accord also has weight sensors for the airbags, and my (now departed) Miata had - as standard - the switch I'll have to pay for in the Porsche.

Having said all of that, two minutes behind the wheel of the Boxster and I'm willing to forgive almost anything . . .

Jer
10-10-2009, 06:37 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Jer, yoir grand daughter just keep getting prettier everyday. Nicely done Grand-Pa. JIM
10-10-2009, 06:53 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks, much, my friend. She's my treasure, for sure.

Jer