Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A couple of shots from my part of the world
Posted By: Dangermouse, 10-09-2009, 01:32 PM

This was taken with a Pentax-F 100-300mm zoom, I'm not sure about it but I rather like the effect. I'd just changed lenses with a view to photographing a Red Kite, unfortunately the bird flew off just as I removed the lens cap so I settled for a shot of the view. In future I'll try stopping down a bit, which should help the slight fuzziness.

Taken with the kit 18-55mm zoom, simply by winding down the car window and leaning out. In fact, you can see part of the car bottom left. This is a river crossing on a gravel track near me, which I used to get home from the previous location.
Views: 1,767
10-09-2009, 01:35 PM   #2
graphicgr8s

No. 1 is just too hazy for my taste. The second however is, how do I saw this. Oh yeah. Outstanding. This kid of shot gets me right about....here. (In other words I like it) Nice capture.
10-09-2009, 01:53 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice start.
Well done with the second one - well framed and exposed.
Thanks for sharing Matt.
10-09-2009, 05:44 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I like the second one also! Interesting perspective.

10-10-2009, 06:54 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Matt;

When shooting the distance like this, I find that including something to contrast in the middle distance or even the foreground can help anchor the pic. Also, there seems to be a fair bit of light pouring down through the clouds in beams, maybe upping the contrast a bit could bring that out?

My two cents. Thanks for sharing.

-Michael
10-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks all - I agree on the need for something in the landscape to make it interesting, unfortunately I seem to have lost the original high-res files for two that I was particularly proud of. A couple of weeks after I bought the camera I took it to Llyn Brianne, a reservoir near me that looks like it'd make a great set for a Bond villain's lair. Just have to go back down there if we get some crisp Autumn weather!