Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Waxing . . . .
Posted By: Sailor, 05-28-2007, 06:45 PM

. . . . my little Mazdaspeed Roadster during a long day of alternatively sunny and stormy skies. I did shoot a couple of images to celebrate my labors:

While I genuinely enjoy playing with this little guy (which I bought new for a song a couple of years ago), I can honestly say - and I've always wanted to say this - "I'd rather be sailing."

Jer
Views: 1,991
05-28-2007, 10:44 PM   #2

A fine car, and a nice wax job. Velocity Red looks great with a fresh coat of wax on it. Still, without barn doors, Miatas are just not the same...

That reminds me, mine needs a wash and wax.

I'd rather be driving than washing,
Chris
05-29-2007, 01:20 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I like the shot Sailor, and you did a fine job waxing it. Up until 5 months ago I was the proud owner of a 1965 Ford Cobra 427 I had rebuilt and restored over a period of 7 long and loving years. Unfortunately I had to make up for a lost venture last fall and was forced to sell my baby. one of these days I'll find another to restore. Good luck with your baby and have fun taking care of it.

Thought you might like to see a shot of her. (I'm not trying to hijack the thread)

Last edited by Photo Tramp; 05-29-2007 at 01:25 AM.
05-29-2007, 05:21 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When I saw the title Jer, I was expecting moon shots. Nice shots and a nice wax job. And of course you'd rather be sailing! Otherwise you'd call youself "Driver" or "Roadman" or "Esscurve" or something like that.

NaCl('Sides, nothing can compare to pushing a boat along on a broad reach)H2O

05-29-2007, 07:56 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Excellent Sailor ! You may rather be sailing , but if you have to be land locked you have a pretty sweet ride. I am only 6 numbers away (lotto) from enjoying your pastimes

And Photo Tramp I imagine a tear or two was shed when you parted with your Baby - beautiful !
05-29-2007, 04:38 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by silverbullet Quote
A fine car, and a nice wax job. Velocity Red looks great with a fresh coat of wax on it. Still, without barn doors, Miatas are just not the same...

That reminds me, mine needs a wash and wax.

I'd rather be driving than washing,
Chris
Hey Chris. I had a red '95 with the barn door headlights which I traded for a silver '99. I loved 'em both but traded the '99 for my current daily driver (a BMW which I also love) in '03. After a couple of years Miata-less, my wife and I - in Miata withdrawal - went looking for a used one and came across this turbocharged Mazdaspeed version heavily discounted and rebated. I couldn't resist - it's still has all of the Miata's charms but is - as one wag put it - a Miata on steroids.

thanks,

Jer
05-29-2007, 04:44 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
I like the shot Sailor, and you did a fine job waxing it. Up until 5 months ago I was the proud owner of a 1965 Ford Cobra 427 I had rebuilt and restored over a period of 7 long and loving years. Unfortunately I had to make up for a lost venture last fall and was forced to sell my baby. one of these days I'll find another to restore. Good luck with your baby and have fun taking care of it.

Thought you might like to see a shot of her. (I'm not trying to hijack the thread)

David, now I can honestly say a know - at least sort of - someone who actually owned a 427 Cobra! What a beautiful car - in the '60's I was a Ford guy through and through ('65 Mustang, '67 Cougar, '69 Mach I), and the 427 Cobra was our flagship. If you owned one of those in the '60's, you could quote Chuck Berry - with an absolutely straight face - "nuthin' outrun my V-8 Ford."

Do you have other shots of this beauty? I'd sure like to see 'em, and I'm so sorry you had to sell it - that must have been painful beyond words.

Jer

05-29-2007, 04:47 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
When I saw the title Jer, I was expecting moon shots. Nice shots and a nice wax job. And of course you'd rather be sailing! Otherwise you'd call youself "Driver" or "Roadman" or "Esscurve" or something like that.

NaCl('Sides, nothing can compare to pushing a boat along on a broad reach)H2O
No moon shots for me - not even in my college days.

Thanks, Buddy, for the name "Esscurve" - if I ever buy another sailboat (which I doubt), that's the name I'll give her! Wonderful!

Jer
05-29-2007, 04:50 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Excellent Sailor ! You may rather be sailing , but if you have to be land locked you have a pretty sweet ride. I am only 6 numbers away (lotto) from enjoying your pastimes

And Photo Tramp I imagine a tear or two was shed when you parted with your Baby - beautiful !
I love both pastimes - 'course I'm reduced to two meals (oatmeal) a week!

Jer