Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Cheerleaders
Posted By: paden501, 10-14-2009, 10:30 AM

Just a few cheerleader photos to post today. Highschool football season is ramping back up!

All taken w/ the K10D and Tamron 70-200/2.8 Di LD

Enjoy!
Views: 1,891
10-14-2009, 10:36 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice job on the exposure, what ISO were you using? it must be pretty low. Good detail and no ISO grain at least in the size we are looking at.
10-14-2009, 10:58 AM   #3

Original Poster
I was using ISO1250 on my K10D. I did a lot of massaging and smart sharpening in PS though to eliminate the noise, and shot in DNG of course.
10-14-2009, 01:51 PM   #4
Ash
Community Manager

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You did well for a high ISO set of captures.
These are exemplary of K10D's ability to get reasonable detail at this ISO.
#2 is a beauty!
Well done Matt.

10-14-2009, 07:10 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the kind comments.

The pictures come off of the camera rather dull, but I cut out the subject(s) with magnetic lasso and use high pass filter and unsharp mask to sharpen them, then I adjust the color cast of the background and the subjects seperately to enhance the color and contrast (the on-camera white balance just never quite seems to get it 'right').

With ISO over 800 on the K10D, you pick up a lot of noise, especially in the under exposed regions of the photos.... so I usually contrast the image a bit to try to lose some of the dark area noise by clipping it black... from there you just have to be careful not to go overboard w/ sharpening.

Here's a blow-up of #2... still not full size, but as large as flickr will allow me to post.

You can see there's a bit of motion blur in this one as well, 1/125s for this shot was just not quite enough.