Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Really this in love?
Posted By: K-9, 10-16-2009, 09:47 AM

I was walking past a familiar watering hole and couldn't help but think, are they really that in love, or did someone slip an aphrodisiac into their drinks?

Views: 2,442
10-16-2009, 10:00 AM   #2
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Info:
The shot was taken at night with a K20D,
Pentax-F 50mm f1.4, ISO 800,
f2.0 @ 1/50 sec. w/ SR on.
White Balance: Tungsten, but later tweaked to slightly warm it.
10-16-2009, 11:29 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You were trying to figure out how a nice girl would fall for a slob like that? It looks like he has all his fingers crossed.
10-16-2009, 11:41 AM   #4
graphicgr8s

**No one is ever that in love. Lust maybe.

**Except me of course.

10-16-2009, 01:26 PM   #5
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dragonfly Quote
You were trying to figure out how a nice girl would fall for a slob like that? It looks like he has all his fingers crossed.
He's got his hands interlocking behind her back.

He may be a nice fellow?!? Who knows?
Maybe she'd like to see what he can do with those chains on his pants...
10-16-2009, 01:29 PM   #6
Veteran Member

It's a nice moment, good capture.

The dude doesn't look like a slob to me. His hair isn't mussed, his clothes look fairly neat & clean...
10-17-2009, 07:23 AM   #7
K-9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by flippedgazelle Quote
It's a nice moment, good capture.

The dude doesn't look like a slob to me. His hair isn't mussed, his clothes look fairly neat & clean...
thanks

They say love knows no boundaries, but the people on the upper level just don't seem to care about our interlocking lovers. Luckily, a street snapper like me did.

10-17-2009, 07:26 AM   #8
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

I think it's a nice moment captured. A little cluttered but still a nice moment. I can't comment on his personality since we've never met.....
10-17-2009, 07:42 AM   #9
K-9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, Peter. I did make a crop of it, as I was also thinking there was a lot going on, yet there always can be in street photography. I think it looks more so because it's indoors. After cropping, I still think I liked the full version, giving perspective with the people up on the top level, and keeping one's eye off the window and window sticker at the bottom, which seems more prominent in the cropped version. I could have gone further and cropped on the left side, but I liked keeping the Starbucks logo in the shot and it helped keep the couple centered.

10-17-2009, 07:50 AM   #10
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

I agree and would try to crop it the other way if possible The door frame and window sticker are what caught my eye. I like the top part.
10-17-2009, 09:39 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
Thanks, Peter. I did make a crop of it, as I was also thinking there was a lot going on, yet there always can be in street photography. I think it looks more so because it's indoors. After cropping, I still think I liked the full version, giving perspective with the people up on the top level, and keeping one's eye off the window and window sticker at the bottom, which seems more prominent in the cropped version. I could have gone further and cropped on the left side, but I liked keeping the Starbucks logo in the shot and it helped keep the couple centered.

I completely agree with you.

I even like the frame and window sticker - it shows that you were on the outside looking in, sort of a metaphor for the emotion of the moment, I think.

They are so focused on one another, his face looks relaxed while hers is intense, an instant that leads us to speculate about the emotions and intentions of the couple. The more I look at it, the more I form a narrative in my mind. Really well done photo, IMHO.
10-18-2009, 05:39 AM   #12
K-9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
^
Thanks flippedgazelle.

Last edited by K-9; 10-18-2009 at 05:47 AM.