Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Everybody needs one of these
Posted By: Igilligan, 10-20-2009, 04:25 PM

Goodness, I am loving the F1.2 lens. A good snapper for the kids and a fun piece of usable art glass for my goofin' off stuff.
Everybody needs to get one...

K20d and Cosina 55 1.2

Views: 1,398
10-20-2009, 04:43 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very very sharp and soft bokeh all in one!
Great shots Gus!
So now, where can we get one of these f/1.2 Cosina's?
10-20-2009, 06:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots, but the bokeh is not for me unfortunately.
10-20-2009, 06:22 PM   #4
Veteran Member

It's official. Gus has defected.

Come back comrade!!!

Jokes aside -- that's a kickin' piece of glass and nice photos. Congrats on your new passion.

10-20-2009, 06:30 PM   #5
Veteran Member

You have him that scared that he jumped out of his skin????????LOL!!The kids pics came out crystal.Keep up the good work,and keep on enjoying that 1.2.
10-20-2009, 06:35 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Epic glass a keeper to be use but not abuse,great series and DOF fabulous TFS

cheers
10-20-2009, 07:03 PM   #7
Igilligan

Thanks all - and a question for Krypticide

I want to thank everyone for the comments.

Ash as to where to get the Cosina. There was a guy on ebay that used to sell a couple of them a month... but I have not checked recently. Otherwise you can do what I did and just beg and cry on this forum until somebody sells you one...
But right now there are a lot of A and M 50 1.2's around and they are even better.

Krypticide, I wanted to ask you about the bokeh. Often when I post shots from this lens, the Helios or the Trioplan I get people who say as you do that the bokeh is not for them. I get that with the trioplan, and maybe this and the helios in some shots (especially with highlights in the background). But those folks never post an example of what Bokeh they do like. I looked at your photos posted in the gallery and they are all really great shots, but none of them look to be shot with 'bokeh' in mind, it seems to be more subject DOF and controlling background...

So I ask not to put you on the spot, more to find out what you like in the OOF area. Is it that butter smooth pastel like my Nikkor lens?

Or is it just more control of what is going on in the background, like you are able to do with your photos?

For me that OOF area in the first skeleton shot actually makes that shot for me?
Just wondering.
Thanks in advance for the answer...

gus
10-20-2009, 07:28 PM   #8
JMR
Veteran Member

Great shots. But the juxtaposition of your children with the skeletons turned my head as I scrolled down! Phew, I said, they are not skeletons after all. And did you notice how girlish the girls are in the last image compared to the other two (as if you didn't )

JMR

10-21-2009, 11:10 AM   #9
Igilligan

Thanks JMR... I realized there was a bit of a strange thing on the scroll... kind of set me back too when I saw the skulls and then my angels...

And they do look like little girls in that last shot... they were looking up at a bird and I caught them at a good moment. In the solo shots they look more like gang members Real tough guys!
10-21-2009, 01:26 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Amazing... the last 2 shots are precious. The 1st 2 are really head-turners. Great work!!!
10-21-2009, 02:57 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like you know how to use this lens, Gus. Great stuff.

Jer