Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The following day........
Posted By: Heinrich Lohmann, 05-30-2007, 01:58 PM

we visited a place called The Enchanted Forest and it truly is a magical place for kids of all ages. It is located in old growth forest and in most places quiet dark but I did manage to get some photos.

There are a few more here for anyone who's interested:

The Enchanted Forest Photo Gallery by Heinrich Lohmann at pbase.com

Tomorrow we will visit Vernon and Kelowna in B.C.
Views: 1,896
05-30-2007, 05:18 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Heinrich,

Thanks for the tour of this place. It kind'a reminds me of a place I went to in the Sierras east of LA when I was a kid in the 50's, where someone had one of these fairytale place (probably made a killing...financially that is... too ). I remember it well, all nestled up in the pines and firs of the area and all that alpine air.

Thanks for igniting some memories from a pleasant time.

Stephen
05-30-2007, 06:34 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Nice captures Heinrich - You are having a nice tour of the west , thanks for sharing ! I have driven by that place a few times and always wondered what it was like (always in a rush to get the Coast , or Vernon , or Whislter - ie somewhere else !) Next time I think I will stop in.
05-30-2007, 10:25 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SCGushue Quote
Heinrich,

Thanks for the tour of this place. It kind'a reminds me of a place I went to in the Sierras east of LA when I was a kid in the 50's, where someone had one of these fairytale place (probably made a killing...financially that is... too ). I remember it well, all nestled up in the pines and firs of the area and all that alpine air.

Thanks for igniting some memories from a pleasant time.

Stephen
Glad that you enjoyed the pictures I had fun taking them. It was easy in sofar that there were no crowds, they opened the place early because the weather was so nice.

Take care, Heinrich

05-30-2007, 10:28 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Nice captures Heinrich - You are having a nice tour of the west , thanks for sharing ! I have driven by that place a few times and always wondered what it was like (always in a rush to get the Coast , or Vernon , or Whislter - ie somewhere else !) Next time I think I will stop in.
Thanks for the kind words and don't feel bad, we drove by that place for years without even giving it a second look. For whatever reason last year we stopped and again this spring.

Take care, Heinrich
05-31-2007, 05:35 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Wow, this looks like a really fun place.
05-31-2007, 06:04 AM   #7
Veteran Member

That really looks like a lot of fun. Are you charting out your couse so that others can follow your trail one day?