Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
City of London Construction - Photo Project
Posted By: paulyrichard, 10-23-2009, 12:07 PM

I was on the Charing Cross Road today (23/10/09), in London.
I have started a new project where I want to document the construction that is goin' on in the city of London. God knows, there is so much bein' built!

paulyrichard - Charing Cross Road, London '09 #1

Last edited by paulyrichard; 10-23-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Views: 1,586
10-23-2009, 01:12 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A good B&W conversion.
The ?lamppost on the left is in the way of the subject - was it intentionally included for any reason? I would have come in closer with a wider angle lens and done away with the lamppost and pedestrian barrier.
10-23-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
A good B&W conversion.
The ?lamppost on the left is in the way of the subject - was it intentionally included for any reason? I would have come in closer with a wider angle lens and done away with the lamppost and pedestrian barrier.
The lamp post, crane and railing form a triangle making a frame within a frame Ash, maybe that was his intent.

You've got blown out clouds Pauly, lighting must have been tough. I like the way the figure in the poster makes itself the subject without overly competing with the rest of the image. If you follow the lines around the frame starting from bottom left corner, they lead you round the picture like a maze ending at the figure.
10-23-2009, 01:38 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
I like the composition. Keep them coming!

10-23-2009, 02:40 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, guys.

Gary, I did notice that, I have since corrected it. Cheers.
10-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #6
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
The lamp post, crane and railing form a triangle making a frame within a frame Ash, maybe that was his intent.

You've got blown out clouds Pauly, lighting must have been tough. I like the way the figure in the poster makes itself the subject without overly competing with the rest of the image. If you follow the lines around the frame starting from bottom left corner, they lead you round the picture like a maze ending at the figure.
Got it Gary.
Only if that was the intent, then the stuff within the frame created would be the subject, and it doesn't come out that way for me.
If the subject is meant to be the construction rig, then that's what I would have concentrated on.
Art is so diversely interpreted...
10-24-2009, 06:01 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ash, the context in this photo is about drillin', not jus' about a single piece of machinery. The man in the sign was the icin' on the cake for me in this image, and gave great analogy.
10-24-2009, 06:03 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
City of London Construction - Photo Project #2

I really liked the look of these cranes and waited for the workers to get in a favourable position. There are three, by the way.
This'll be another image for my photo project.

paulyrichard - Construction - Bankside, London #2