Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Some shots at friend's wedding (12 images)
Posted By: Eruditass, 10-24-2009, 11:19 AM

Again thanks to the very generous BrendanPK!

This was the 2nd wedding I have ever attended, first I tried to take pictures at. Many shots were ruined because I blindly followed the 1 / FL * 1.5 rule and not the how fast are people moving rule!

During the formals I did not use fill flash because I did not want to disrupt the main photographer, so you can see some sunlight is peeking through the trees and hitting some faces. I PP'd a bit to try to reduce it.

C&C very welcome

1 d'oh big aperture

4 probably too much but it was quite uninteresting before

Views: 1,472
10-29-2009, 03:10 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You got some really good ones there, I'm sure they're gonna be happy with them.
The glow from sunlight actually helps create a special mood around some of the pictures.
The first three doesn't do anything for me, but the rest are top class. Except the second last one, which isn't sharp, due to too slow shutter speed. Trust your Shake Reduction, it works great, but of cause don't go too low
10-29-2009, 04:05 AM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good start.
Captured some of the emtion on the day.
Last two are indeed out of focus, and some are a little thin on the DoF, but rest are reasonably good.
Some PP would improve their look, but you've done alright.
Keep practicing and improving.
10-29-2009, 08:31 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote
You got some really good ones there, I'm sure they're gonna be happy with them.
The glow from sunlight actually helps create a special mood around some of the pictures.
The first three doesn't do anything for me, but the rest are top class. Except the second last one, which isn't sharp, due to too slow shutter speed. Trust your Shake Reduction, it works great, but of cause don't go too low
Yeah, the one of the bride walking up is quite an effect! Thanks for the tips, my main problem was indeed the shutter speed causing a lot of throwaways, and of course being nervous. But I really liked the rest of the 2nd to last's feeling.

10-29-2009, 08:33 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Good start.
Captured some of the emtion on the day.
Last two are indeed out of focus, and some are a little thin on the DoF, but rest are reasonably good.
Some PP would improve their look, but you've done alright.
Keep practicing and improving.
Thanks, Ash, that was the goal! I think I could've done better if I had another day beforehand to play with the new-to-me equipment.
10-29-2009, 08:47 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I like the backlight effect on #5, and the bokeh and "pop" on number 9. The "paparazzi vibe" on the last one is also really cool, I don't think the missed focus is a big deal there.
The bride and groom should be pleased!

What lens did you use? Quite heavy CA on the two first shots.
10-29-2009, 08:53 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by EricT Quote
I like the backlight effect on #5, and the bokeh and "pop" on number 9. The "paparazzi vibe" on the last one is also really cool, I don't think the missed focus is a big deal there.
The bride and groom should be pleased!

What lens did you use? Quite heavy CA on the two first shots.
Thank you, #5 is quite cool, I got lucky I also have a speical place for the last one, even though I seemed to have focused on the leaves in the back and should probably try to fix that.

The first two were unfortunately taken at max aperture from the DA 16-45mm.