Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Commonwealth Basin
Posted By: OrenMc, 10-25-2009, 05:16 AM

I was hoping for a few more clouds that day to do the water photos but ended up fighting with the sun so some of these didn't come out like I wanted. Hope you like.

DA* 16-50

I think the DA* 16-50 does a pretty good job on close-focus, something that isn't mentioned much about this lens.

Last edited by OrenMc; 10-25-2009 at 05:33 AM.
Views: 1,699
10-25-2009, 04:36 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I really like the colours (except maybe in picture 4), so I guess you did well in your battle against the sun

My main criticism with the kind of water pictures you took is that everyone has taken them. You really need to do something creative with that field to stand out from the crowd. That said they are nice pictures nonetheless.
Also, on your last shot the bokeh is a bit harsh, what aperture did you use?
10-25-2009, 07:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the critique Kevin, last photo shot at f9.5 while the other two mushroom are at f8. I think it is more the green backgound and light that create the effect rather than aperture but I am just speculating.
10-25-2009, 08:07 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Decent results there Oren.
#2 works well with the rock in the foreground balancing out the well-exposed waterfall, and the mushroom captures are brilliant and sharp.
Well done.

10-26-2009, 02:38 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by OrenMc Quote
Thanks for the critique Kevin, last photo shot at f9.5 while the other two mushroom are at f8. I think it is more the green backgound and light that create the effect rather than aperture but I am just speculating.
I think that last photo would have benefitted from a bigger aperture. Now the background is still too much in focus and thus very 'busy'.