Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Orginal versus PP
Posted By: Jimbo, 10-25-2009, 03:25 PM

Ok, I was asked on the sunset shots this morning how close the photo was to the orginal. Here is a example. The first one is straight out of the camera loading into Photo Shop Elements and cropped on the right only. Not other adjustments were made. The second photo is after the PP work where I lightening the water to bring out more of the reds and also the fog between the forground and the sky. I added a small amount of saturation to the overall image. Cloned out the branch on the bottom right. Hit save and here is the shot. I will still play around with it a bit more and will post the completed shot in a day or two. Just trying to show how close the orginal was to the PP work. JIM

Views: 1,227
10-25-2009, 03:43 PM   #2
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the PPed colours but the original looks more real.
One way or another, it's another great capture Jim.

BR
Peter
10-25-2009, 04:07 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
I like the PPed colours but the original looks more real.
One way or another, it's another great capture Jim.

BR
Peter
My daughter feels the same. She told me to tone down the red in the water and the sky slightly. I posted the orginal, as is, on PPG. JIM
10-25-2009, 04:37 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They both look good - the PP'd version looks even more like a scene from Mars, only with trees and water...

I like the first one too, Jim.

10-25-2009, 04:41 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Here is something between the two. I think my daughter was right and the first one had too much red in the shot. You are right. Mars with tree. Too funny Ash. JIM