Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Posted By: daacon, 06-01-2007, 06:18 PM

My daughters previous play was Macbeth and I was close to the stage however did not have a very good lens (used my Sigma 300mm) and "that play" the lighting was very poor. This play however I had a better lens - some tips from members here - but even arriving 45 minutes early was relegated to the back row!! This was her last play (High School anyway) as her graduation is tomorrow - many tears were shed ...The production itself was wonderful. These kids can sign!!! I truly enjoyed it and will share a few shots (not spectacular as too far away for the Tamron, too dark but suitable for DVD shows and light years ahead my last attempt!)

The star (in my books anyway - and remember this is my Daughter and I am a big guy !)
Name:  KatieCoat.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  34.3 KB
The one with top billling (great voice)
Name:  Josephcoat.jpg
Views: 1767
Size:  74.2 KB
The "Elvis Pharo" was a huge hit and he nailed it !
Name:  Pharo.jpg
Views: 1453
Size:  48.5 KB
My Daughter her acting budy since grade 9 and the Director ...
View Picture EXIF
Name:  KTeric.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  324.9 KB

More gratuitous daughter shots

More "Elvis" - He was good swivel hips and all

The cast was HUGE and this shot does not do it justice

Sorry for the looooooooong post - but Dad was sooo proud wishes he had a DA* for this one

Views: 3,475
06-01-2007, 07:43 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
and Dad should be very proud too! its one of the things Dads are allowed to do and be.
Grant
06-01-2007, 09:46 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
daacon, you have all the reasons to be a proud daddy. Not all the shots may be perfect but years from now they will become treasures. It is not always the technical perfect photo that makes the best photo, enjoy them and take care,

Heinrich
06-02-2007, 04:32 PM   #4

I should say that one of the 'daughter' shots is my fav, but I'm going to go with #2. I love the vibrant colours, and the expressions on the actors faces.

Chris

06-03-2007, 05:56 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Great stories for these stage shots.

I like the 2nd shot the best
06-03-2007, 10:55 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for comments all - a faster lens and closer would have done better justice to the vibrant colors - was a great play and lots of memories