Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A few from the last car show
Posted By: r0ckstarr, 10-28-2009, 07:56 PM

This is George Karakostas. Ever since I was a kid, everytime someone would mention "VW bug" and "fast" in the same sentence, George's name would come up. He is known locally for having the fastest bugs around. A friend of mine used to be good friends with George during the mid 80's. He used to tell me stories about how he had a Mustang, and could never beat any of George's VW's. Everytime he would do something else to make his Mustang faster, George was already one step ahead of him with the bug.

George got into VW's in the late 70's. He said that he had a Corvette and needed something a little more easy on gas. He purchased a bug that was in much needed repair and fixed it up. He has been hooked on Volkswagens ever since.

George has held national records with his bugs in the past. This particular bug in the picture, runs in the Super Stock class, and turns a best of 12.77 in the quarter.

I always run into George from time to time and it's always good talking with him.
Views: 2,593
10-28-2009, 09:42 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good captures Brian.
I like the PP work you applied on the shots.
Vignetting wasn't necessary in the first one, but it's a fine arrangement and exposure.
10-28-2009, 10:26 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Good pictures, Great story.

Thanks for posting.

John
10-29-2009, 08:34 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Vignetting wasn't necessary in the first one, but it's a fine arrangement and exposure.
I need to get a slim CPL. The one that I have right now stands too tall and vignettes the corners so I am just making due until I get a few slim CPL's.

10-29-2009, 08:08 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wonderful series - the fifth shot is special. Thanks for posting these and providing inspiration. There's a car show here at Brazosport College on Saturday, so I think I'll amble over with camera and Limiteds in hand. It's time I take some pictures on dry land.

Again - great shots and PP.

Jer
10-30-2009, 06:16 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Really nice images Brian.
I think each one is well done and the story of George and the VWs is cool too.