Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Recent Photos
Posted By: Raptorman, 11-04-2009, 10:33 PM

Please comment.

Also I have a question and thats on the picture of the leaf, I couldn't get the entire thing in focus. One side of the leaf would go in focus and the other would go out. I had to cheat the difference just to get it to look halfway decent. I believe this is called "front focus".....please...PLEASE don't tell me my lens is broke.

Shots where done on a Pentax P30.

The shot of the steel thing was a "poor mans" HDR experiment, where I took 3 exposures on the same frame. I want opinions more on how to make this work better than the actual quality of the photo so please keep that in mind.

Also general critique is needed and more than welcome.

Thanks!

Attached Images

Views: 2,220
11-04-2009, 10:56 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good tries.
First one suffers from the subject being too central. Rule of thirds, or placing the basket at the bottom of a vertical orientation may have suited better.
Second one works for its simplicity, otherwise is a little bland.
#3 is not qute there. You needed to have stopped down (increased depth of field) in order to attain both leaves in sharp focus.
#4 unfortunately didn't work out - it's blurry, washed out of most of the detail and not captivating in subject matter. Framing should be watched to avoid including distracting elements (the power lines, the overhead shade, even the fence) and exposure needs to be more accurate for the scene.
Last one is an OK portrait, but again lacks in interest - a different perspective and pose combined with more flattering lighting would improve this image.

Hope this 2c helps.