Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Sample from "Re-Charge"
Posted By: benjikan, 06-04-2007, 12:38 AM

Here is an "UNFINISHED" sample from "Re-Charge" for "No-Name" Magazine..This is not how it will look finally, but getting there...In fact..Will use the head from another image and stick it on this one as I really like the lighting and space below the lights. Don't have another like this. She will be looking directly in to the camera with very "Red" eyes.

Ben

Last edited by benjikan; 02-07-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Views: 1,380
06-04-2007, 12:57 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Wow, that is amazing.

The effect is so cool and the lady is so beautiful too. You call this unfinished? That got to be joking :P

Thanks for sharing
06-04-2007, 01:00 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Not Yet

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Wow, that is amazing.

The effect is so cool and the lady is so beautiful too. You call this unfinished? That got to be joking :P

Thanks for sharing
Not even close My Friend!
06-04-2007, 01:08 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I´m impressed.

Looking forward to se the finished publication. I really liked the previous "no-name" publications. (on the net that is)

Regards

Regards

06-04-2007, 01:10 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Deadline

QuoteOriginally posted by Aanund Quote
I´m impressed.

Looking forward to se the finished publication. I really liked the previous "no-name" publications. (on the net that is)

Regards

Regards
It's tight..My "Deadline" is June 10...Maximum!!!
06-04-2007, 01:58 AM   #6
Inactive Account

A very snazzy effect! Dig it!
06-04-2007, 04:15 AM   #7

Photos: Albums
Stunning shot - Ben

06-04-2007, 04:57 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looking forward to seeing the finished piece Ben, red eyes and "lightning" will make for a very dramatic image.

NaCl(very "science fictiony" )H2O
06-04-2007, 04:13 PM   #9
Veteran Member

nice concept, I think there are following problems:

colour composition is poor. It's mostly warm, tending to cooler in the backdrop, but these warm tones don't contrast well with the bright turquoisey splash. If I were painting that background hilight I would pick a slightly warmer than shown contrasting bright colour out of her scarf. In terms of warm/cool colour composition J. Itten wrote the bible, H. de T. Lautrec recommended the study of Persian carpets to understand warm/cool. Of course, this warm/cool argument is dependant on message intent and aesthetic style of magazine article. But, it's a difficult issue playing with universally accepted rules of art.

From the belt line down there appears to be motion blur; scarf, neck and face appear sharp. The scarf and neck and belt line are at same depth of field, so what happened?

Totally my appreciation but, model shots with stark upward gaze require more room in the photo up at where they're looking. This one is cropped too tight at the top for me.