Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Sousha
Posted By: kevinschoenmakers, 11-07-2009, 04:31 AM

I bought a DA35 yesterday (yay for tax refunds!), which now brings my kit to a pretty mature K10D, DA12-24, DA35, DA50-200 (plus some older manual primes).

Anyway, the first keeper:

click for fullsize.



Last edited by kevinschoenmakers; 11-07-2009 at 04:39 AM.
Views: 1,199
11-07-2009, 04:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member
kevinschoenmakers's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shanghai
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,509
Original Poster
Oh, and here we go once more.

click for full-size.

11-07-2009, 05:48 AM   #3
Veteran Member
Nick Siebers's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Madison, WI
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,161
Looks good! I just got one too, and am trying to figure it out.
11-07-2009, 07:43 PM   #4
JMR
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 3,335
I really like the second image. It has both an ethereal quality because of the light quality and appearance of the delicateness of the subjects and a sense msuchief as if the cat tore the beautiful flower. Excellent image.

JMR

11-07-2009, 08:09 PM   #5
Ash
Community Manager
Ash's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toowoomba, Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,604
Another vote for #2. The selective colouring adds a nice touch to this clean, nicely framed image.
11-08-2009, 07:30 AM   #6
Pentaxian
goddo31's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,508
I often get a little 'bored' with cat images on the internet - but these are a bit different and fresh, IMO. I really quite like both of them.

I'm with Ash on the 2nd image
11-08-2009, 07:37 AM   #7
Veteran Member
Taff's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,613
how come your cat sits still, my wife has two and they scarper as soon as im around.
Great pics, love the blown window, really emphasises the cat
11-08-2009, 01:12 PM   #8
Veteran Member
kevinschoenmakers's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shanghai
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,509
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nick Siebers Quote
Looks good! I just got one too, and am trying to figure it out.
It's been great so far. AF isn't always accurate when the light is difficult, but that's more due to the camera than the camera, I guess.

QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
I really like the second image. It has both an ethereal quality because of the light quality and appearance of the delicateness of the subjects and a sense msuchief as if the cat tore the beautiful flower. Excellent image.

JMR
I never made the connection between the dead petal and the cat. Funny how everyone has his or her own view. Thanks.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Another vote for #2. The selective colouring adds a nice touch to this clean, nicely framed image.
Thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
I often get a little 'bored' with cat images on the internet - but these are a bit different and fresh, IMO. I really quite like both of them.

I'm with Ash on the 2nd image
I guess that is as big a compliment as can be got in the digital age, when you've succeeded in avoiding cliches.

QuoteOriginally posted by Taff Quote
how come your cat sits still, my wife has two and they scarper as soon as im around.
Great pics, love the blown window, really emphasises the cat
My mother has 4, one of them likes to pose, the other sure don't though

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, da35, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:02 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top