Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Birds
Posted By: PentX Girl, 11-08-2009, 06:12 AM

These are a few of my bird photos I took with my Pentax K 10-D and DA 55-300 lens. My first DSLR and I loved it...but I dropped it on cement and now I have damaged both the camera and the zoom lens. My second will be the K-x as soon as it arrives and I'll handle it with extra care. Nothing like learning a lesson the hard way

Views: 3,868
11-08-2009, 11:15 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That are very nice images Jan, and I feel your pain. Last year I lost both a K100D and a K10D in a bad fall. While the images are very nice they could be improved with some adjustments in PP. (Color balance, contrast and brightness) Thanks for posting them.

11-09-2009, 02:45 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by xs400 Quote
Very nice pics. Well done. But I'm very sorry to read about the broken camera and lens. Good luck with the new K-x
Thanks Frank...I'm certainly looking forward to the K-x.

Jan
11-09-2009, 02:50 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by trd300gt Quote
Nice shots, I esp love the 2nd one.

Sorry to hear about the k10. Best of luck with the k-x
Thank you to my fellow Carolinian...I'm right down the road from you in Fayetteville.

Jan
11-09-2009, 02:59 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
That are very nice images Jan, and I feel your pain. Last year I lost both a K100D and a K10D in a bad fall. While the images are very nice they could be improved with some adjustments in PP. (Color balance, contrast and brightness) Thanks for posting them.
Oh my...losing two must have been devastating! Thank you for the CC...so many new things to learn from the taking of the photos to the PP of them. Looking forward to learning and growing with all of you to help:-)

Jan

11-09-2009, 03:56 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice bird shots Jan Sorry to hear about the camera, I dropped my k20d a couple months ago and broke the lens mount and cracked the body. I managed to repair the mount luckily but am nervous putting a big lens on it. I got hooked on bird and nature photography in the last couple years and as a result I'm selling everything I don't need to hopefully fund a 500mm
11-09-2009, 06:29 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Jan - very nice images before the crash. Everything I've seen indicates the K-x is an amazing camera; I'm looking forward to your first examples from it. Is your lens repairable?

Jer
11-09-2009, 12:25 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Those are really nice bird shots Jan, well done.
Sorry to hear about the accident, I never.NEVER, take my camera out without the strap around my neck.
Even if I feel confident, just a bump or a slight trip could cause one to drop the camera
Makes my Avatar picture at left a bit of an enigma then, I guess!! LOL

Thanks for the word to us "Down Under". Its good to have so many good friends over there as well

11-09-2009, 12:33 PM   #23
mel
Veteran Member

My k10D hit the concrete about 2 months after I bought it (forgot to zip bag). My lens was toast but I managed to squeeze about another 60,000 out of the camera. It finally died a couple weeks ago I have a K-7 but I still want another K10D. Something about that camera with certain lenses . . .

Nice bird shots too. I suck at birds. I'm trying to get better with the birdfeeders out back.
11-09-2009, 03:57 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by borno Quote
Nice bird shots Jan Sorry to hear about the camera, I dropped my k20d a couple months ago and broke the lens mount and cracked the body. I managed to repair the mount luckily but am nervous putting a big lens on it. I got hooked on bird and nature photography in the last couple years and as a result I'm selling everything I don't need to hopefully fund a 500mm
So sorry Tom that you had a mishap with your camera too. Hope things work out for you. Good luck with your bird photography.
11-09-2009, 04:01 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Jan - very nice images before the crash. Everything I've seen indicates the K-x is an amazing camera; I'm looking forward to your first examples from it. Is your lens repairable?

Jer
Thanks Jer:-) Don't know if my lens is repairable...I kind of doubt it...probably would cost more than it's worth.
11-09-2009, 04:04 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
Those are really nice bird shots Jan, well done.
Sorry to hear about the accident, I never.NEVER, take my camera out without the strap around my neck.
Even if I feel confident, just a bump or a slight trip could cause one to drop the camera
Makes my Avatar picture at left a bit of an enigma then, I guess!! LOL

Thanks for the word to us "Down Under". Its good to have so many good friends over there as well
Hey Bruce...glad to hear from you. Yes...I've learned my lesson...the K-x will be treated with TLC and will always be around my neck. Except while sleeping. lol
11-09-2009, 04:07 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
My k10D hit the concrete about 2 months after I bought it (forgot to zip bag). My lens was toast but I managed to squeeze about another 60,000 out of the camera. It finally died a couple weeks ago I have a K-7 but I still want another K10D. Something about that camera with certain lenses . . .

Nice bird shots too. I suck at birds. I'm trying to get better with the birdfeeders out back.
Thanks Mel. I know how you felt...I loved my K 10-D too!
11-10-2009, 12:50 AM   #28
Veteran Member

You did very well with that combo - Sorry to hear about your misfortune!
11-10-2009, 09:31 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
You did very well with that combo - Sorry to hear about your misfortune!
Thanks Josh. Why are you selling your Pentax K-7? I've noticed you sold all your lenses too. Are you switching to another brand??

It's been nice meeting all you great Pentaxians...sure hope you're not leaving.

Have a Picture Perfect Day,

Jan
11-10-2009, 02:02 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice series Jan - you did quite well with that combination! Just a few tweaks as Heinrich suggested and they will be even better! Sorry to here the K10D + lens didn't make it. When does your K-x arrive?

Am I guessing correctly that the raptor in #2 was fighting the wind or it launched into the air shortly after the shot?

Regards,
Marc