Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Birds
Posted By: PentX Girl, 11-08-2009, 06:12 AM

These are a few of my bird photos I took with my Pentax K 10-D and DA 55-300 lens. My first DSLR and I loved it...but I dropped it on cement and now I have damaged both the camera and the zoom lens. My second will be the K-x as soon as it arrives and I'll handle it with extra care. Nothing like learning a lesson the hard way

Views: 3,864
11-10-2009, 10:40 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by PentX Girl Quote
Thanks Josh. Why are you selling your Pentax K-7? I've noticed you sold all your lenses too. Are you switching to another brand??

It's been nice meeting all you great Pentaxians...sure hope you're not leaving.

Have a Picture Perfect Day,

Jan
Well thanks Jan (nice to meet you )... I did switch, but I'll still hang around - I like this board and the people I know here. The Pentax equipment offers great "bang for the buck", but I was lured away by the siren song of better high ISO performance (which your K-X will have too ). In reality I'm just too much of a gearhead to not want to try out the other brands too...

11-11-2009, 05:53 PM   #32
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
sorry to the the k10d...
great bird !how did you shoot that?
11-12-2009, 09:25 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Langille Quote
Nice series Jan - you did quite well with that combination! Just a few tweaks as Heinrich suggested and they will be even better! Sorry to here the K10D + lens didn't make it. When does your K-x arrive?

Am I guessing correctly that the raptor in #2 was fighting the wind or it launched into the air shortly after the shot?

Regards,
Marc
Thanks Marc...appreciate all the helpful advice...especially since the K 10-D was my first DSLR. After using a point and shoot I had a lot to learn. One of the first mistakes I made was forgetting that when you look through the viewfinder...what you see is not always what you get;-) lol Not long after I got my DSLR I was driving down the road and saw a Hawk on a snag. It was really close and looking through the large bright (compared to my point & shoot) viewfinder I thought, " Wow...I've got this shot nailed and the clarity is awesome!!!" Of course when I actually viewed the photo it was totally blown out. Live and learn. lol

You guessed it...the hawk in the pic launched into the air shortly after that shot.

Have a Picture Perfect Day,

Jan
11-12-2009, 09:29 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
Well thanks Jan (nice to meet you )... I did switch, but I'll still hang around - I like this board and the people I know here. The Pentax equipment offers great "bang for the buck", but I was lured away by the siren song of better high ISO performance (which your K-X will have too ). In reality I'm just too much of a gearhead to not want to try out the other brands too...
Glad to see you're sticking around Josh.

Jan

Last edited by PentX Girl; 11-12-2009 at 09:35 AM.
11-12-2009, 09:33 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cindyfans Quote
sorry to the the k10d...
great bird !how did you shoot that?
Just got lucky...you should see all the bird shots that didn't turn out. lol That's why I love digital...you keep the best and delete the rest.
11-12-2009, 03:37 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I always chuckle when I read a Pro's admonition for keeping the camera strap on claiming it gets in the way. One day I might hang myself with the strap but the camera and lens will survive!