Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

A Re-Do of a Fall Color Shot
Posted By: Jimbo, 11-11-2009, 04:03 PM

I recently down loaded the beta version of Lightroom 3. Very cool program and one I will update when it comes out. I took one of the shots I recently PP'ed in Photoshop Elements 6 and tried it out on the new Lightroom 3, then completed in Elements. [levels control is better in Elements IMO] Here is the results. The first one is the one done in the new Lightroom 3. JIM

Views: 2,130
11-12-2009, 09:59 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Absolutely stunning shot!

11-12-2009, 10:27 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Absolutely stunning shot!
Thank you. JIM
11-13-2009, 03:30 AM   #18
JMR
Veteran Member

A very nice shot, Jim. The first looks like it has excessive contrast, while the second looks soft and unsharpened, and I prefer it. Over on TOP (The Online Photogrpaher), the guy who did the review of the K7, Gordon Lewis, stated all the shots that come out of the K7 were slightly soft and needed to be sharpened. It occurred to me that this was probably true of all digital images. But the key is not to oversharpen, but apply a bit. I much prefer the second image. But only you know what the scene looked like, and as is often the case, we sometimes over or under process an image and like the results even though it does not reflect the reality of what we saw.

JMR
11-13-2009, 05:46 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey buddy - very nice composition. I prefer the treatment you used for the version in the second post; just the right level of contrast and color IMO (for the little that that's worth).

Jer

11-13-2009, 07:39 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
A very nice shot, Jim. The first looks like it has excessive contrast, while the second looks soft and unsharpened, and I prefer it. Over on TOP (The Online Photogrpaher), the guy who did the review of the K7, Gordon Lewis, stated all the shots that come out of the K7 were slightly soft and needed to be sharpened. It occurred to me that this was probably true of all digital images. But the key is not to oversharpen, but apply a bit. I much prefer the second image. But only you know what the scene looked like, and as is often the case, we sometimes over or under process an image and like the results even though it does not reflect the reality of what we saw.

JMR
]

Totally agree JMR. Appreciate your comments. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Hey buddy - very nice composition. I prefer the treatment you used for the version in the second post; just the right level of contrast and color IMO (for the little that that's worth).

Jer
Today 03:30 AM
Thank you Jer. JIM