Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Pushing the PP / Crop
Posted By: Jimbo, 11-11-2009, 09:11 PM

First, Thanks Anne for being a model for the shot in UT. I looked at this photo a few times and I believe I posted the original here sometime ago. I sometimes go back and re-look at images to see if they can be improve. [Yes Gary, it was a crop that changed the image. Inside joke] Any way, I redid this photo and like the out come. Cheers JIM

Views: 2,647
11-13-2009, 06:55 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Jim - I find the second shot to be stunning! I agree with some of the others, the person adds a lot to the impact of the shot. I tried to imagine both photos without the person in there and it doesn't have the same feel. Good shooting.

11-13-2009, 07:45 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My friend, the second one is a masterpiece - really something.

Jer
11-13-2009, 10:08 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Jim - I find the second shot to be stunning! I agree with some of the others, the person adds a lot to the impact of the shot. I tried to imagine both photos without the person in there and it doesn't have the same feel. Good shooting.
Thanks Joe. There are a couple of reason I love this shot. First it is the person within the shot, Ann. Met Ann and her husband Grant on our photo work shop and they are two great people. I am not even sure Ann knew I was taking the photo or what she added to the shot but I am happy with the out come. Appreciate your kind words and Ann, Grant.. hope to see you soon. JIM

QuoteQuote:
My friend, the second one is a masterpiece - really something.

Jer
Thank you for your kind words. JIM
11-14-2009, 07:19 PM   #19
Veteran Member

The scale of these formation are in epic proportion,also the grain of the rocks are fantastic.What time of day did you take these shots? Are you going back or is it too far away,if not perhaps as the rays of sunlight is above .....TFS

cheers

11-14-2009, 07:53 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
The scale of these formation are in epic proportion,also the grain of the rocks are fantastic.What time of day did you take these shots? Are you going back or is it too far away,if not perhaps as the rays of sunlight is above .....TFS

cheers
This is mid-afternoon Cupic and the sun is a little harsh but it did light up this area. JIM