Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

TOUGEFC Gallery
Posted By: TOUGEFC, 11-12-2009, 05:16 AM

Hey guys, im new here, i'd like to learn more about photography and i thought i'd share some of my photos, what do you guys think?

All shot with k200d

(My car by the way)

Cheers,
Simon
Views: 4,055
11-13-2009, 01:06 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Cheers guys

Damn brit- im not sure i understand your post about red being pentax's achilles heel?
Im open to any advice to help me expand my photography skills

11-13-2009, 01:21 AM   #17
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
Cheers guys

Damn brit- im not sure i understand your post about red being pentax's achilles heel?
Im open to any advice to help me expand my photography skills
Different brands handle colours in different ways. With Pentax it's easy to over saturate the reds. Look at the wing mirror in the first two pictures of your car, the second one especially (and the graffiti on the wall).
11-13-2009, 01:28 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Also here is another one of my fav shots' taken on sunset at the noosa river-

And one of my uncle and mother at the same location, i think this shot is turned out really great with the standard flash-

And a couple of my fav black and white shots of my 2 son's and wife at a playground-

11-13-2009, 01:33 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Different brands handle colours in different ways. With Pentax it's easy to over saturate the reds. Look at the wing mirror in the first two pictures of your car, the second one especially (and the graffiti on the wall).
Ok yep i see what you mean, the mirror is slightly a different shade of red to the rest of the car in real life anyway, the result of the graffiti may have been my error in lightroom? Thanks for the tips i will take more note of it in light room next time.

11-13-2009, 01:47 AM   #20
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
Ok yep i see what you mean, the mirror is slightly a different shade of red to the rest of the car in real life anyway, the result of the graffiti may have been my error in lightroom? Thanks for the tips i will take more note of it in light room next time.
The effect can carry over to orange as well, look at the candle flames in the second shot, it's like blown highlights but in colour.
11-14-2009, 06:40 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Went to a monster truck event tonight-
It was so packed, had a crappy spot, all the action shots arnt worth posting up due to a big ugly chicken wire 10ft tall fence in front of me and so much dust in the air.

This was probably the best shot of the night-
11-17-2009, 04:22 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Another storm came tonight-