Rest of the images in slideshow
nov_15_parade Photo Gallery by Daniel TONG at pbase.com

Daniel, Toronto
Views: 1,613
11-16-2009, 07:13 AM   #2
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Is it just me, or does everyone look so eerily Stepford Wives happy? Wow, you've certainly picked the most chipper people in the crowd. Nice, colorful captures. Lots of red eye that can easily be taken out.
11-16-2009, 11:51 AM   #3
rhe
Closed Account

Great set of images Daniel. I didn't make it down to the Parade this year, hope to go again next year. What lens(es) did you use?
11-16-2009, 01:10 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They all do look like a UFO landed in front of them, but you've done well with your flash filled captures.
Out of camera, these are good results - and with some PP work, they would come up well.

11-16-2009, 02:53 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
They all do look like a UFO landed in front of them, but you've done well with your flash filled captures.
Out of camera, these are good results - and with some PP work, they would come up well.

QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
Is it just me, or does everyone look so eerily Stepford Wives happy? Wow, you've certainly picked the most chipper people in the crowd. Nice, colorful captures. Lots of red eye that can easily be taken out.
Thanks. I am lazy with pp works

QuoteOriginally posted by rhe Quote
Great set of images Daniel. I didn't make it down to the Parade this year, hope to go again next year. What lens(es) did you use?
Thanks. Did not know you are also located in Toronto. I was using mainly da200mm. I should have used even iso 1600 for subject further way as I have found out that it is better to expose well under iso1600 and slightly underexposed under iso800

Daniel

Daniel
11-16-2009, 03:03 PM   #6
Damn Brit

More than just snap shots Daniel, you captured some colourful characters and used DOF well.
11-16-2009, 05:53 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What a disgustingly chipper group of people... LOL just kidding. Nice parade shots!

Mike

11-16-2009, 08:42 PM   #8
Veteran Member

This is a very good collection of highly unflattering and frequently underexposed photos. I'm left wondering why some of them made the cut as keepers, let alone posters. I'm also curious about the inconsistent exposure. It was an overcast day: set it to manual at a good value and forget it.
11-17-2009, 03:30 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
What a disgustingly chipper group of people... LOL just kidding. Nice parade shots!

Mike

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
More than just snap shots Daniel, you captured some colourful characters and used DOF well.
Gary , Mike
Thanks for the positive comments

QuoteOriginally posted by mischivo Quote
This is a very good collection of highly unflattering and frequently underexposed photos. I'm left wondering why some of them made the cut as keepers, let alone posters. I'm also curious about the inconsistent exposure. It was an overcast day: set it to manual at a good value and forget it.
All my subjects were properly exposed. The trouble is with the underexposed background with grainy noise.
I was using long lens DA200mm and the subjects were typically at the extreme end of the fill flash which is ok. But it can hardly reach the background at all
In hindsight I should have set all manual and without flash. I could have shot at say f2.8 or F3.5 at iso 800. But in doing so I would not have the benefit of fill flash. Tough choice

Daniel