Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
"Espanya Ens Roba" - Valencia
Posted By: Muggins, 11-16-2009, 03:40 PM

Hi,

Here are a few shots from my recent trip to Valencia, Spain. The current goal of my photography is share travel experiences with friends & family, and bring a little artistic touch if I can pull it off .
  • This is one of my prouder abstract "architecture" shots from Palau De Les Arts.
  • Second is more traditional cathedral wide angle with ceiling.
  • Last would be sunrise from the Playa in Valencia.

Please tell me what you think (only mid quality JPEG exports).

Thanks,
Mugs

P.S. Oh yeah - all taken with my K200D & Pentax 12-24. Landscape was on a Gorillapod with Manfrotto ball head, other two were hand'ies.

Attached Images

Views: 3,012
11-17-2009, 11:19 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Love the first image, great perspective!
11-17-2009, 01:04 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Indeed the first image is perfect. Well done with it.
#2 would have been great as an HDR image.
#3 is a little plain. But must have been nice to be there at the time.
11-17-2009, 02:46 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks - I too love that first image. Just messed with contrast (and obviously saturation) a little in lightroom the cropped ever so slightly.

I agree some more DR in the cathedral shot would have been nicer. I have some others with better DR & colors, but thought the perspective on that shot was killer. Maybe some actual work in PS3 could make it pop more.

Sunrise - totally agree... had been awake for like 20 hrs strait traveling and headed down to the beach to wait for the hostel to open. Was beautiful just being there.

These are the my first pics ever uploaded other than facebook.... great boost of confidence now I want to keep on truckin. Pentax Kx arrives next week, get ready for some deadly live music shots!!!

11-18-2009, 12:50 AM   #5
Veteran Member

The first one is fantastic. But not only as a pic. The graffiti has a political meaning that, together with the modern builing, explains perfectly the situation os Spain today. As a spanish, when i saw your shot i couldnīt avoid to smile bitterly. Your pic is brilliant because reflex the standing of a country.
11-18-2009, 03:42 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by juanraortiz Quote
The first one is fantastic. But not only as a pic. The graffiti has a political meaning that, together with the modern builing, explains perfectly the situation os Spain today. As a spanish, when i saw your shot i couldnīt avoid to smile bitterly. Your pic is brilliant because reflex the standing of a country.
Thanks... I didn't want to mention it, but I actually stepped on a dead dove 2 seconds aftet taking that pic. I gotta think that was part of the "protest," and while the graffiti doesn't bother me, the dove is obviously not cool.
11-18-2009, 06:11 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great job - particularly with number 1, Mugs.

Jer

11-19-2009, 02:40 AM   #8

Nice...Especially No.1 :-)