Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
First pictures with K-x
Posted By: miss_alexx, 11-17-2009, 05:33 PM

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and also to the dslr photography. I just bought a new K-x and I'd like to know how my picture. Tell me what I can do to make better pictures. I took this picture with a manual focus lens :50 mm at f2.

Thanks

Views: 2,401
11-18-2009, 12:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
got to love the thin DOF available when using a DSLR/SLR
11-18-2009, 12:37 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Wide open gets you a very shallow depth of field - this can still be accomplished with the lens stopped down alittle - at f2.8 you could still achieve this look, and the in-focus parts of the photo will be alittle sharper (even the best lenses tend to be softer when they are at their widest aperture). The image itself is also alittle over-exposed - next time if you are using a selective focus like this, try setting your metering either to be linked to the focus point, r switch to spot metering, meter against the subject and then lock in the exposure with the AE-L button. hope that is helpful!
11-18-2009, 12:58 PM   #4
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Beyond all the technicalities of the camera to get the shot right, have a think about composition and framing - these go a long way into getting the most compelling image possible. Choose the perspective and arrangement that both isolates your subject and enhances its look by good lighting and contrast from the background.

11-18-2009, 03:19 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
thank you for your constructive comments...

If someone could explain me how to know if the photo will be correctly exposed when I'm in the manual mode using a manual focus lens (not a ''A'' lens). And what is the AE-L button.

Thanks.