Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

On the last day of our trip.......
Posted By: Heinrich Lohmann, 06-09-2007, 08:02 PM

we got rushed, got a late start in the morning and than had to wait for a mudslide to be cleared. So we only made three very short stops and hence there are not a lot of pictures but here are a few:

The next three are from around Radium Hotsprings

The next one was taken along highway 93 halfway between Radium Hotsprings and Banff

The last one is from near Banff along highway #1 (Trans Canada Highway)

Comments are as always welcome
Views: 3,273
06-10-2007, 08:39 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
I'm so very glad you had a great trip Heinrich, the shots you posted are just super. As I have said before you do a fantastic job and your photographic eye is superb. I really felt a part of your journey. thanks for sharing.
Thank you David and you are welcome.

Take care, Heinrich

06-10-2007, 08:41 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rolly Quote
May I add my thanks, too, for sharing your travels with us.
You really do have a knack for creating images which convey a sense of your enjoyment of the beauty of your surroundings.
This whole series has been a pleasure to view.
Again, thankyou.
Thank you and I am glad that you liked the pictures.

Take care, Heinrich
06-10-2007, 08:43 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SHIFT Quote
Its nice to see those pics without me driving past them and never thinking much of it. All very GORGEOUS shots!!!
Thank you and don't feel bad, when I was your age I didn't pay much attention to landscapes neither. LOL

Take care, Heinrich
06-11-2007, 06:30 AM   #19
Veteran Member

I've really enjoyed looking at these pictures. I was in Banff/Lake Louise a few years ago and then took the train to Vancouver. Everything in that part of Canada is breathtakingly beautiful. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us.

06-11-2007, 07:03 AM   #20
Inactive Account

It's been a great series Heinrich, you've got a good eye for shots and this series showed it. I'll look forward to your East coast photos.
06-11-2007, 11:58 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PeterAM Quote
I've really enjoyed looking at these pictures. I was in Banff/Lake Louise a few years ago and then took the train to Vancouver. Everything in that part of Canada is breathtakingly beautiful. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us.
Thank you for looking and commenting and you are most welcome

Heinrich
06-11-2007, 12:02 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by scott-devon Quote
It's been a great series Heinrich, you've got a good eye for shots and this series showed it. I'll look forward to your East coast photos.
Thank you for the kind comments, I am lookking forward to that trip as well

Heinrich

06-11-2007, 12:42 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Thanks Heinrich - it was pleasure traveling with you ! I have been down some of those roads before but rarely took the time to aprpeciate the beauty ! We are heading to Vernon in a few weeks for a ball tournament - unfortualtley flying down this time but I will take the memories of your trip with me !

Looking forward to the next one.
06-11-2007, 02:56 PM   #24
Forum Member

Thanks for sharing these with us Heinrich. There are a couple of people on this site that when they post, I must look. I know with your shots, I'll get to see spectacular scenery, and I always keep an eye out for your posts!
06-11-2007, 03:36 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Thanks Heinrich - it was pleasure traveling with you ! I have been down some of those roads before but rarely took the time to aprpeciate the beauty ! We are heading to Vernon in a few weeks for a ball tournament - unfortualtley flying down this time but I will take the memories of your trip with me !

Looking forward to the next one.
Glad that you enjoyed the trip, it was a pleasure having you along and thanks for the nice comments. Our next trip will be this fall to the east coast.

Take care, Heinrich
06-11-2007, 03:37 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gratefulbruce Quote
Thanks for sharing these with us Heinrich. There are a couple of people on this site that when they post, I must look. I know with your shots, I'll get to see spectacular scenery, and I always keep an eye out for your posts!
Thank you for the kind words Bruce, it is appreciated.

Take care, Heinrich
06-11-2007, 05:25 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Heinrich,

Prior to moving back to the east coast, I spent a lot of time traveling through the Canadian Rockies. To me, traveling though Alberta, all the way up to Edmonton at least, is one of those things that everyone should do during their lifetimes.

This region is beautiful beyond description... though I must thank you for showing me your travelogue to remind me of what I have missed.

Wonderful work and I appreciate the efforts!

Stephen
06-11-2007, 08:22 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SCGushue Quote
Heinrich,

Prior to moving back to the east coast, I spent a lot of time traveling through the Canadian Rockies. To me, traveling though Alberta, all the way up to Edmonton at least, is one of those things that everyone should do during their lifetimes.

This region is beautiful beyond description... though I must thank you for showing me your travelogue to remind me of what I have missed.

Wonderful work and I appreciate the efforts!

Stephen
Thank you Stephen for the kind words and yes the Canadian Rockies are beautiful no matter where you go.

But, there are many other areas to visit , see and photograph. This fall we will again go to the east coast, we just love it down there.

Take care, Heinrich
06-12-2007, 11:13 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Heinrich...I loved your series of pictures. Being a flatlander I do not get see mountains to often. Those mountain pictures are beautiful...
06-12-2007, 07:25 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Eastern Shore Charlie Quote
Heinrich...I loved your series of pictures. Being a flatlander I do not get see mountains to often. Those mountain pictures are beautiful...
Thanks for looking and commenting, it is appreciated. Glad that you did like them, being a flatlander from way back myself I do enjoy the mountains.

Take care, Heinrich