Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Summer Glow
Posted By: shizmo, 11-28-2009, 08:04 AM

Hey Guys,

Basically i am starting out with my first DSLR (k200d) and would like to share one capture that i liked so far and also to say "Hi!". Most my photo's have been coming out average but half the reason is i havn't been shooting in very interesting places .I am still getting used to the camera/settings and starting to learn some basic PP.

Anyway i thought i would share this for some feedback!

Summer is just beginning here in Aus i think it has a warm fuzzy feel to it.

You can view it larger here - Glow on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 

Views: 1,717
11-28-2009, 10:02 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I love shots like this. My only real reccomendation for improving this would be to select tighter aperture and focus on one of the tufts in the foreground. That way the closer tufts will be sharp, and the middle-ground tufts will still be sharp, with the background still out of focus. Given you were shooting at 1/500 you had a little room to play with.
11-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum mate.
Where is Aus are you?

This is a great start - an image full of life in it.
This one would be a real winner with some of these little tufts in the foreground in focus. So next time you try a shot like this, stop down some more (with a smaller aperture) as mentioned to increase the depth of field and hone in on a few of them to get a clear subject in the frame.
Well done.
11-30-2009, 01:38 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I am in Perth, trying to find interesting places to shoot but i find Perth boring so not a good start, really want to go traveling.
Rookie mistake with not having the things closest to the lens in focus but i can see how that could have improved the capture will try keep that in mind.
Still just trying to get a feel for shooting on Full Manual modes getting experience in different light etc. Fun Fun.