Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

No wide angle... no problem
Posted By: SCGushue, 06-10-2007, 07:28 AM

I did not bring the DA 12-24 with me this weekend when I went down to Philadelphia.

I was at the Franklin Institute and thought the architecture of the rotunda was fairly
impressive so I took 24 images of the space and merged them into a single hi rez (135 MB image).

This is a .5 MB low rez version for showing here. I was not sure I would get anything usable because
shutter speeds were very low and handheld.

Work on the individual layers will have to wait for another time though.

Images were from a K10D and a SMCP 35 f3.5.

Stephen C. Gushue's Photo Galleries at pbase.com

Stephen
Views: 2,815
06-11-2007, 07:10 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by carpents Quote
The offer is always open - and this applies to anyone in the forum - for a photo shoot in the Philly area (except for Evan and David and the rest of the southeastern PA crowd - you guys can go on your own!).

But *better* than NYC? Hmmm. I don't think so. Just based on restaurants alone, NYC is my favorite city in the world, with London a close second. (NB - Kinsale, Ireland and West Chester, PA are the best 'small town' places for restaurants.) Philly has gone downhill over the past decade. It is so unfortunate that after cleaning up the town in the late-1990's, Philly has caught back up with its reputation as Filth-adelphia.

NYC also has tremendous museums and mind-boggling skyscrapers. Oh - and it has insane taxi drivers like no other US city!
Sean,

Now that it is official.... I'll be in touch to take you up on the offer

Stephen

06-12-2007, 02:24 AM   #17

Photos: Albums
Thanks for pointing me to that one, Stephen. I'm sure it will be an amazingly detailed pic if printed billboard size!

I like the slightly blurred persons on the right introducing some movement in the static scene, and the reflections on the floor.

Technically I think it's very well done - I can find no fault.

24 pics are a lot to process - I've done a comparable pic once (a 360 degree pic of my study) and was quite exhausted after finishing all the detail work. I hope you survived everything well.

Do you plan to do a billboard size print - or will you bring your 12-24 along next time?

Cheers!

Phil
06-12-2007, 07:45 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Phil,

Great feedback.... thanks. The 12-24 is wonderful but in situations like this the mosaic produces 13X the detail in the finished print.

Yes, it is time consuming to do these, but the finished product is worth the effort.

I don't print my images as of yet...except for the occasional 8x10. But, I have 15 rooms in the house that have virtually nothing hanging on the walls. So, when I tackle the gargantuan task of figuring out which big format printer I want, I'll start filling up the space.

Stephen