Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Honorable Mention in Local Fall Competition - "Barns"
Posted By: Marc Langille, 12-01-2009, 06:32 PM

For someone who doesn't photograph barns, getting 5th overall is a nice surprise: PSNWA - Member Portfolio. It was just having some fun and entering in the spirit of the competition.

Here is the image:

Yes, that white spot to the right of the barn is a camper and it's still several hundred feet away from the bottom of the cliffs in the background. I thought it was a good way to better show the size perspective.

Regards,
Marc
Views: 1,956
12-01-2009, 07:49 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Marc, beautiful bright colorful shot. I really like this.
12-01-2009, 07:53 PM   #3
Ash
Community Manager

And a fine image at that Marc.
The sky looks perfectly polarised and the lighting exquisite in this image.
Well done with it.
12-01-2009, 08:01 PM   #4
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats and very nicely shot Marc. Great backdrop and I like how the fence leads you in.

12-02-2009, 05:40 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well done Marc nice framing well composed and executed. Congrats.
12-02-2009, 06:52 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations, Marc. A beautiful and . . . unusual . . . . image. Very well done.

Jer
12-03-2009, 05:29 AM   #7
axl
Inactive Account

nice shot Marc, but what strikes me the most is the colour difference compared to the same shot on the link you provided... did you play with the WB between those two?
12-03-2009, 06:01 AM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
nice shot Marc, but what strikes me the most is the colour difference compared to the same shot on the link you provided... did you play with the WB between those two?
A very nice shot as well. I'm also curious at the difference between the link image and the one posted here. I prefer the link image, it seems much more natural in color which enhances the setting.

12-03-2009, 06:38 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Marc,

When I first saw that picture a loud "WOW" exploded from my open mouth.

Mickey
12-03-2009, 07:00 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by jlamorie Quote
A very nice shot as well. I'm also curious at the difference between the link image and the one posted here. I prefer the link image, it seems much more natural in color which enhances the setting.
Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

I did not alter it - they did... I guess it's always a question mark when something is altered in your original capture by folks who weren't there.

Background: that's a scan they did of my print hurredly obtained from Wal-Mart - I have no involvement in that aspect. Either the image is modified because of the cheaper digital scanner used or they've altered it, now that I look more closely. I am not sure. The WB of the image in the PSNWA gallery are certainly different. The rock color is definitely different than when the sun's rays were hitting it - too dark and almost orange in the PSNWA gallery image.

I may have to address that aspect once I see the print, since I've since sent them the digital file. Either way, I'm going to bring it up with the competition chair - more of a curiousity question.

Regards,
Marc
12-03-2009, 07:09 AM   #11
Veteran Member

As a former Equestrian...I have a real weakness for barns...and this is a great barn photo! I'm ready to move some horses right in