Attached Images

Views: 1,412
12-01-2009, 10:09 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You have a good macro lens.
This image is hard to appreciate however due to the high JPEG compression softening the image, but you may find shooting a flat subject such as this not requiring f/32 to get all in focus. f/16 to a max. of f/22 should suffice, particularly if the subject is relatively large and doesn't require going to minimum focusing distance.

Otherwise, you've made a good attempt at capturing this flower. It's not an overly compelling composition, given its central location and simple lighting, but it's OK to look at.

Keep experimenting with different perspectives (not just straight on, e.g. oblique views) and compositions, working with the background each time to create art rather than just a photo of a flower.

Hope this helps.
12-02-2009, 01:23 PM   #3

Original Poster
thanks Ash.
I have read a lot of your comments on other photos and appreciate you honest views.

I will put your thoughts to good use