Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Taking photos while driving
Posted By: pdxbmw, 12-04-2009, 11:55 PM

Probably not the smartest thing to do, but it looked wonderful from the road. Not a nice as being there.


Views: 2,265
12-05-2009, 04:18 AM   #2
Veteran Member
Barnster's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mid North Coast,Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,013
It was worth the risk I must say.These shots sometimes won't wait for you to pull over,then get out the car and take the shot.You got to do what you gotta do.It looks amazing!
12-05-2009, 05:29 AM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Ash's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toowoomba, Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,317
Haven't done too badly.
Not the best result, but is what you had to work with.
05-22-2010, 11:22 PM   #4
New Member




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1
Tips for taking pics while driving?

Without starting a new thread, this seemed like a good place to post... I like having the camera at the ready while taking long trips with the family. Problem is, my wife is in the passenger seat, kids in the back, and I don't trust sitting the camera up on the dash. Other than just laying it in my lap, does anyone know of a great way to travel with the camera at the ready? I was thinking about making a "sling" that would hang on the steering column and would hold the camera in a pouch below it. Not sure if that would interfere with my knees though.

And, while I'm at asking questions, does anyone have any suggestions for hiking with a camera? i typically just hang it over the shoulder, but I basically have to constantly hang on to it.

Thanks all!
SE

05-23-2010, 12:22 AM   #5
Pentaxian
JohnBee's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: front of computer
Posts: 4,643
Very kool indeed!
What's weird is that we never really considered taking highway snaps until either desperation or boredom takes over...

Here's one we took(facing forward) while doing 115 km/ph on the no.1

I guess the old "you never know until you try" applies
05-23-2010, 12:26 AM   #6
New Member




Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
Very kool indeed!
What's weird is that we never really considered taking highway snaps until either desperation or boredom takes over...

Here's one we took(facing forward) while doing 115 km/ph on the no.1

I guess the old "you never know until you try" applies
wow.. nice shot. and your areas clear! no cars! here the only thing you see in front is either a red light or a car :/
05-23-2010, 12:32 AM   #7
Pentaxian
JohnBee's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: front of computer
Posts: 4,643
QuoteOriginally posted by NightWolf Quote
wow.. nice shot. and your areas clear! no cars! here the only thing you see in front is either a red light or a car :/
lol thanks

I guess we could say, its one of the few perks of living out in the middle of nowhere(ie. Newfoundland, Canada)...
03-19-2011, 11:56 PM   #8
Veteran Member
Wombat's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: South Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 901
QuoteOriginally posted by SE Bass Quote
Without starting a new thread, this seemed like a good place to post... I like having the camera at the ready while taking long trips with the family. Problem is, my wife is in the passenger seat, kids in the back, and I don't trust sitting the camera up on the dash. Other than just laying it in my lap, does anyone know of a great way to travel with the camera at the ready? I was thinking about making a "sling" that would hang on the steering column and would hold the camera in a pouch below it. Not sure if that would interfere with my knees though.SE
Just be aware that if you have to brake suddenly at speed anything that's loose inside the car becomes a possibly lethal missile and anything close to your legs will cause terrible damage. No shot is worth severe injury or worse, so however you do it make sure your camera is held rigidly in something padded, out of the way of feet and heads.

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Taking photos for money fractal Photographic Technique 8 06-09-2010 11:10 PM
Taking photos of People in public etiquette trod77 Photographic Technique 78 12-26-2009 12:16 PM
K200D Stopped Taking Photos itrs Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 4 10-18-2009 04:23 AM
Taking mosaic stitch photos with k20? What settings? segvoia Photographic Technique 4 08-17-2009 03:12 PM
keep taking photos on an angle :( Keebler Photographic Technique 21 04-15-2009 06:58 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:40 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top