Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Taking photos while driving
Posted By: pdxbmw, 12-04-2009, 11:55 PM

Probably not the smartest thing to do, but it looked wonderful from the road. Not a nice as being there.

Views: 2,265
12-05-2009, 04:18 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It was worth the risk I must say.These shots sometimes won't wait for you to pull over,then get out the car and take the shot.You got to do what you gotta do.It looks amazing!
12-05-2009, 05:29 AM   #3
Ash
Community Manager

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Haven't done too badly.
Not the best result, but is what you had to work with.
05-22-2010, 11:22 PM   #4

Tips for taking pics while driving?

Without starting a new thread, this seemed like a good place to post... I like having the camera at the ready while taking long trips with the family. Problem is, my wife is in the passenger seat, kids in the back, and I don't trust sitting the camera up on the dash. Other than just laying it in my lap, does anyone know of a great way to travel with the camera at the ready? I was thinking about making a "sling" that would hang on the steering column and would hold the camera in a pouch below it. Not sure if that would interfere with my knees though.

And, while I'm at asking questions, does anyone have any suggestions for hiking with a camera? i typically just hang it over the shoulder, but I basically have to constantly hang on to it.

Thanks all!
SE

05-23-2010, 12:22 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Very kool indeed!
What's weird is that we never really considered taking highway snaps until either desperation or boredom takes over...

Here's one we took(facing forward) while doing 115 km/ph on the no.1

I guess the old "you never know until you try" applies
05-23-2010, 12:26 AM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
Very kool indeed!
What's weird is that we never really considered taking highway snaps until either desperation or boredom takes over...

Here's one we took(facing forward) while doing 115 km/ph on the no.1

I guess the old "you never know until you try" applies
wow.. nice shot. and your areas clear! no cars! here the only thing you see in front is either a red light or a car :/
05-23-2010, 12:32 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by NightWolf Quote
wow.. nice shot. and your areas clear! no cars! here the only thing you see in front is either a red light or a car :/
lol thanks

I guess we could say, its one of the few perks of living out in the middle of nowhere(ie. Newfoundland, Canada)...
03-19-2011, 11:56 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SE Bass Quote
Without starting a new thread, this seemed like a good place to post... I like having the camera at the ready while taking long trips with the family. Problem is, my wife is in the passenger seat, kids in the back, and I don't trust sitting the camera up on the dash. Other than just laying it in my lap, does anyone know of a great way to travel with the camera at the ready? I was thinking about making a "sling" that would hang on the steering column and would hold the camera in a pouch below it. Not sure if that would interfere with my knees though.SE
Just be aware that if you have to brake suddenly at speed anything that's loose inside the car becomes a possibly lethal missile and anything close to your legs will cause terrible damage. No shot is worth severe injury or worse, so however you do it make sure your camera is held rigidly in something padded, out of the way of feet and heads.