Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Some "after the storm" snaps.....
Posted By: Heinrich Lohmann, 12-05-2009, 07:35 PM

.....from this morning. Not great art just a few shots to let those in warmer climes see what the real north looks like. It was not that cold, -8C. Tomorrow night it is supposed to go down to -29C

View from the dining room (my "birding" window)

From The front door, high center behind the pickup there are two cars totally buried in the drift.

The rear door

Along the side of the house, it is amazing how those drifts form, it looks like there might be a structure under the snow but the whole "sculpture" is on the ground

K20D and 16-45

Comments are always welcome and appreciated
Views: 3,689
12-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ah, winter has arrived... Lovely shots! Be sure to send some down to the central US Plians, wouldja? We can use some of that white stuff in Nebraska

Jim

12-06-2009, 08:32 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Frozen white north? We lived in the Yukon for 16 years......

Do take care,
Yes, bit of a play on words. We're lucky to be frozen here for more than a few days at a time. I myself love the snow.
12-06-2009, 08:43 PM   #18
JMR
Veteran Member

Judging from the amount of snow and kinds of images, I don't think you ventured far. Admit it you posted these so we could suffer too! Brrr!

JMR
12-06-2009, 10:50 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote
Nice shots! And my wife was complaining today about it being in the 40s here...
Thank you and in the 40s (F) would be nice.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Ah, winter has arrived... Lovely shots! Be sure to send some down to the central US Plians, wouldja? We can use some of that white stuff in Nebraska

Jim
Thank you Jim and rest assured that you are welcome to help yourself to some of that white stuff from here anytime.

QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
Judging from the amount of snow and kinds of images, I don't think you ventured far. Admit it you posted these so we could suffer too! Brrr!

JMR
Hi JMR, by yesterday afternoon we had cleared enough that we could drive out with 4x4s to do some shopping. Some time during the night the snowplow finally came and made one pass down the street and whatever we had accomplished yesterday was for naught. So we just stayed home today.

Take care,

12-07-2009, 09:53 AM   #20
Inactive Account

You got some nice shots Heinrich. After shovelling out Friday night I got up Saturday to that sort of thing and spent over 2 hours shovelling out again. Never thought to take a shot of it all! LOL...

-37.5 Cel on the way to work at 4 A.M today. Needless to say I have no plans to go for a hike doing nature shots just yet...
12-07-2009, 09:59 AM   #21
Veteran Member

I'd love to experience snow like that ... but there's no way I'd want to shovel that.

Makes a difference to mid-40 deg C temps here.
12-07-2009, 06:53 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by scott-devon Quote
You got some nice shots Heinrich. After shovelling out Friday night I got up Saturday to that sort of thing and spent over 2 hours shovelling out again. Never thought to take a shot of it all! LOL...

-37.5 Cel on the way to work at 4 A.M today. Needless to say I have no plans to go for a hike doing nature shots just yet...
Hi Scott and thank you, I really don't mind this it is where we live but it usually does not happen until January-February. As for nature hikes.. I'am looking forward to next May.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by Mechan1k Quote
I'd love to experience snow like that ... but there's no way I'd want to shovel that.

Makes a difference to mid-40 deg C temps here.
Thank you Mechan1k, I love the now even so that I don't ski anymore but to have to shovel it around the house is a major pain in the back side.

Take care,

12-07-2009, 08:45 PM   #23
Veteran Member

we got a little dusting the other day and hope still have a few weeks before this kind of snow comes. Great shots thank for sharing.
12-08-2009, 09:32 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
we got a little dusting the other day and hope still have a few weeks before this kind of snow comes. Great shots thank for sharing.
Hi Pat , thank you and you are welcome. We didn't need it just now neither but better now than Christmas eve.

Take care,
12-08-2009, 07:04 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Does that rear door have toughened glass with all that weight against it Heinrich??We have the opposite over here at the moment.Very humid and hot.
12-08-2009, 08:40 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Barnster Quote
Does that rear door have toughened glass with all that weight against it Heinrich??We have the opposite over here at the moment.Very humid and hot.
Thank you Barnster, that whole structure, it actually covers the "real"
rear entrance is of aluminium and some sort of real tough plastic. It has some flex to it and works rather well, except in a bad hail storm but that is another story....

Take care,