Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Few Whire Balance adjustments to control Polarizor effect
ISO: --- Shutter Speed: 1/8000s Aperture: F1.2 
Posted By: Jimbo, 12-06-2009, 11:59 PM

Played around with the white balance to try to lower the effect of the polarize filter on the previous post. Also lowered the satration though I do like the pop you get on some images. Half the battel for me is to get the right lighting and to compose the shot correctly. JIM

Views: 1,380
12-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #2
Veteran Member

That is a nice series ... #1 is a bit washed out ... but that's probably the effect you were after.
The rest of the images really do stand out though ... the lighting was nice for the rest of the series.
12-07-2009, 10:08 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
That is a nice series ... #1 is a bit washed out ... but that's probably the effect you were after.
The rest of the images really do stand out though ... the lighting was nice for the rest of the series.
Thanks Simon. I had posted these earlier. I made a change to the White Balance to take some of the effect from the polarize filter I was using. Fog on the first shot is was washed it out a bit. That and lack of light in the early morning time frame. JIM
12-07-2009, 06:21 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Whatever adjustment you made in the first two Jimbo,has fixed it.I like the eeriness of the early morning mist/fog.

12-07-2009, 08:52 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shots. How'd you get the DOF of these with F1.2?
12-07-2009, 09:57 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Whatever adjustment you made in the first two Jimbo,has fixed it.I like the eeriness of the early morning mist/fog.
Thank you. Just a White balance adjustment. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Nice shots. How'd you get the DOF of these with F1.2?
These were shot at F 8 to F 11. With a couple of different adjustments I did not enter any change on the opening thread. JIM
12-10-2009, 07:42 AM   #7
Forum Member

What polarizing filter do you use? How much PP did you do, and what did you change? The reason I'm asking is that I LOVE the colors on the bottom 4 shots. I've been trying to acheive that, but my results haven't been as spectacular.

12-10-2009, 08:14 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
What polarizing filter do you use? How much PP did you do, and what did you change? The reason I'm asking is that I LOVE the colors on the bottom 4 shots. I've been trying to acheive that, but my results haven't been as spectacular.
12-07-2009 09:57 PM
I use a CPL from Kenko though there are many great CPL filters out there. As far as PP work, very little done to these as lighting was good. I made a small adjust in levels and boosted the contrast slightly on the last three. The first one I only adjusted the WB as there was a littel too much blue hue in the photo from the CPL. Not sure if this helped. I may, at a later date, go through one image step by step though everyone tends to approach PP work differently depending on software or style. Cheers JIM