Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Model shoot top 15 images!
Posted By: codiac2600, 06-12-2007, 10:14 PM

Had a session today with Danielle and this time we decided to travel a bit around town and first did a serious session and ended up with some awesome shots that even I was surprised I took. Have a look and every other picture can be found on my flickr account, link provided under my sig image.

I hope you all enjoy this series and I gladly will take any C&C as well as the lovely model. Any information on technique I'll gladly share so feel free to comment or ask anything that comes to mind.
Views: 2,051
06-12-2007, 11:33 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Chris, that is a lovely series of a good looking girl. You did good and cought the mood but in a few you might want to look at color balance. Images 4 to 7
are in my humble opinion too green.

Take care, Heinrich
06-13-2007, 01:02 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I liked the 4th (and yes, it has a green cast) and the 8th.
Nice work.
06-13-2007, 01:22 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Some nice images here of a pretty lady. Number 4 is my favorite... the strongest composition and pose. It has an ease to it that's very seductive. Though a bit green, as others have said. It might look fantastic in b/w!

The kissy pucker in #5 doesn't work for me, nor does the squinty eyes in #13. Subract these 2 and you'd have a strong top 13. Your model is lovely, but I'd suggest she practice different expressions in the mirror before a shoot to get more variety. Natural is sexier than trying to be sexy.

Great job!

Last edited by hamidlmt; 06-13-2007 at 01:30 AM.
06-13-2007, 06:40 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for the comments and for finding the color cast to fix. I don't carry a white balance card so I just winged it and used the shade white balance in camera and they looked fine in the camera, more of a golden glow so at 1am after shooting and working in ACR with my sun soaked eyes I just lowered the temperture a little bit in ACR to compete with the golden look cause by the shade setting. Thank you for finding that error as I know that anyone that sees these besides here will not notice it nor inform me of it if they do so I do greatly appreciate that. Here are some color corrected... hopefully, so please let me know if I nailed the color this time as my monitor does need a little calibrating.

This is her second time ever doing a shoot so I'm quite happy with her ability and the poses I came up with are in images #1, 10, 11 and 14 so I also need some practice. Not too mention I'm green on the field so all this is just for fun and hoping to get something cool and I believe that my photography has gotten stronger from the last time I went out and tried this and it does show IMHO so I couldn't be happier. I just want to find areas I need to tweak and work on that not too mention finding stupid errors like the green cast before the hit the mainstream lol. Thank you again and please feel free to add you C&C about poses, look, clothing or what not as I'd love to learn from my mistakes instead of repeating them.
06-13-2007, 07:42 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Hey Chris,

I agree with hamidlmt on the green cast of those same photos, and I - too - found that the 'lip-puckering' took away (in some degree) from the model. But she is a VERY lovely young lady, with a great deal of potential, and I feel that you (overall) did one heck of a job. Keep up the good work, my friend.

Maybe I can find someone to model for me - who won't feel like firing rounds at me after seeing the results .
06-13-2007, 08:12 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you for the kind words Nathan and don't be afraid to get beat up after taking some lovely ladies pics. It's about the learning experience and to gain knowledge for the next time so then afterwards they give you a big squeeze and a kiss on the cheek for your performance.

06-13-2007, 08:24 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Chris, I think these are quite good. Certainly as good as most high school senior photos (which is a better income in most areas than model portfolios). I think you are quite right to be pleased with the results. Keep shooting and even better things will happen.
06-13-2007, 09:50 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Beautiful shots and a lovely model. I checked out your Flickr page, very nice shots in there. When this young lady smiles she really lights up, she's got a real knack for posing too. I also looked at your blog, very cool!
06-13-2007, 10:18 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Thank you everyone for the comments and for finding the color cast to fix. I don't carry a white balance card so I just winged it and used the shade white balance in camera and they looked fine in the camera, more of a golden glow so at 1am after shooting and working in ACR with my sun soaked eyes I just lowered the temperture a little bit in ACR to compete with the golden look cause by the shade setting. Thank you for finding that error as I know that anyone that sees these besides here will not notice it nor inform me of it if they do so I do greatly appreciate that. Here are some color corrected... hopefully, so please let me know if I nailed the color this time as my monitor does need a little calibrating.

This is her second time ever doing a shoot so I'm quite happy with her ability and the poses I came up with are in images #1, 10, 11 and 14 so I also need some practice. Not too mention I'm green on the field so all this is just for fun and hoping to get something cool and I believe that my photography has gotten stronger from the last time I went out and tried this and it does show IMHO so I couldn't be happier. I just want to find areas I need to tweak and work on that not too mention finding stupid errors like the green cast before the hit the mainstream lol. Thank you again and please feel free to add you C&C about poses, look, clothing or what not as I'd love to learn from my mistakes instead of repeating them.
Those are much better Chris, any changes from here become personal opinions.

Heinrich
06-13-2007, 10:38 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
great shots! wow nice woman too!
I like the second set, first photo the best.
as far as color casts goes, you should try the color temperature eye dropper corrector in ACR.... it does a good job most of the time... I sometimes click it in a white part of the image and it will correct the color cast if it is due to color temperature.
(you should read more about it before you use it, though, I just experement with it)

cheers

randy
06-13-2007, 11:55 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
great shots! wow nice woman too!
I like the second set, first photo the best.
as far as color casts goes, you should try the color temperature eye dropper corrector in ACR.... it does a good job most of the time... I sometimes click it in a white part of the image and it will correct the color cast if it is due to color temperature.
(you should read more about it before you use it, though, I just experement with it)

cheers

randy
Hmm... never tried it and will definitely look up information on it so I can use it in the future. Most of my photoshop classes never reacher ACR and all the books never talk about the color correction stuff so I'm going to find out more on it since there has to be an easy way, Adobe always makes things easy right

Thanks everyone!