Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Wanderings of Vermont
Camera: K7 ISO: 200 
Posted By: GoremanX, 12-11-2009, 11:58 PM

Today was about -10c in Burlington, VT with 40mph wind gusts. I usually go biking there on Fridays, but those winds were too much for me. So I went walking with the camera instead. I'm looking for constructive criticism so I can improve my technique. None of these have been edited, except for some adjustments when processing the RAW files and some minor cropping on the last couple pictures.

I wish I was a better photographer so I could do this scene justice. It was truly breath-taking. Note especially the tree on the right, I can't believe it continues to live year after year. (F10, 47.5mm, 1/80)

This tree is certified to have been alive at the signing of the US Constitution. It looks SUPER-old in person, and really frail. I obviously blew a bunch of highlights, but it's hard to balance cloudy skies and white snow. The snow still looks kinda gray... (F11, 18mm, 1/60)

This is the "Forever Young Treehouse". I have no excuse for the clipped clouds this time, there's no snow in this shot. (F11, 18mm, 1/80)

Here I can blame snow again for the blown highlights in the sky (F5.6, 18mm, 1/80)

This tree grows out of beach sand, with half its roots exposed, and freezing cold water crashing against it 4 months out of the year, yet it still clings to life... (F14, 18mm, 1/100)

I guess he didn't make it (F7.1, 18mm, 1/100)

It's a hard life, being a tree. Sometimes you just have to take a break and lie down (yes, this tree still lives too). The sun being right in the frame conspired to add some unwanted flare. (F10, 18mm, 1/100)

Yay! Ducks! This is where I wish I had more than the 18-55mm kit lens. I really wanted to get a closer shot... (F5.6, 55mm, 1/200)

...but everytime I got too close, this happened... (F6.3, 35mm, 1/400)

I have to stop here, otherwise this post will never end. I took 359 pictures today!!!
Views: 2,062