what the
Posted By: onlinejames, 06-13-2007, 07:44 PM

what do you think, how could i improved this pick

Attached Images

Views: 1,602
06-13-2007, 07:56 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
something tells me you should either get closer or farther away - show more of the subject, or do a super macro on - whatever it is... what is that, by the way?

my only thought is it's "freezer burn" ice on something that's been in your fridge too long... I have no clue.

and did you use the on-camera flash? it looks lit up by something directly in line with the lens/no shadows, so it has a flat look to it.
06-13-2007, 08:12 PM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd agree with khardur. I haven't a clue what this is and there is nothing to focus the eye on. The picture needs some point of interest that your eye gravitates to. It's a plain flat image with flat lighting. It's also not particularly sharp. You either have to get much closer and sharper, add some side lighting or back off so we can see what it is. Is it some sort of Christmas decoration?
06-14-2007, 12:03 AM   #4
Veteran Member

It needs more contrast IMHO. Everything seems flat yet it should be. If you shot in RAW try boosting the shadow and contrast bars and see if it looks more 3D other than that I'm at a loss myself.

06-14-2007, 01:07 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments, its actually frost built up on the roof of my car
it was hard not to use the flash was very early not enough light to give a good picture, the idea of having the light source to one side would of helped instead of the camera flash
thanks
06-14-2007, 01:16 PM   #6

Original Poster
was hard to focus across a roof of the car, tried uping the af ,didn help much
Attached Images

06-14-2007, 03:05 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
ahh, now see that second picture in the new set here is much much better..

too dark that you had to use a flash you say? do you have a tripod? A tripod is your friend...

(I'm just trying to be funny)
but I am one who rarely takes a photo without having it mounted on something other than myself. anything over say 150 mm I can practically count my pulse by watching the image in the viewfinder bounce. =)