Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

mosquito
Posted By: marcusyoung, 12-14-2009, 07:30 AM

Shot this with extension tube, mosquito a menace.

Huge one about 1/2 inch in size.

marcus
Views: 4,317
12-16-2009, 06:16 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
Wow, how'd you manage to successfuly PP out the background to a different color yet keep the mosquito's original color when the color are nearly the same? Some tips would greatly help, thanks!
If your question is about the 2nd photo with the darker background, the OP mentioned that no post processing was done. The reason the background is darker is most likely due to use of the flash. Basically, everything beyond the range of the flash will be under-exposed.

12-16-2009, 07:24 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Wow, how'd you manage to successfuly PP out the background to a different color yet keep the mosquito's original color when the color are nearly the same? Some tips would greatly help, thanks!
Yes, that was the original file taken, no-PP and uncropped.

QuoteOriginally posted by Eruditass Quote
owners breed mosquitos??? DISGUSTING!
These types of mosquitos breeds on stagnant water often in homes or ceiling gutters and often without the the knowledge of the home owners until some authority comes knocking to inspect, for reasons someone in the neighbnourhood is hospitalised caused by the carrier disease mosquitos.

QuoteOriginally posted by jheu02 Quote
If your question is about the 2nd photo with the darker background, the OP mentioned that no post processing was done. The reason the background is darker is most likely due to use of the flash. Basically, everything beyond the range of the flash will be under-exposed.
Thank you.

marcus
12-16-2009, 08:07 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great capture - I hate those buggers but can appreciate the skill in this shot. We were fortuante this year - cold and dry kept them to a minimun this year.
12-16-2009, 12:57 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Ah I see, so they're both seperate pictures. I thought the first one was the PP'd one of the 2nd. I thought he might've pp'd the second one to look like the first one somehow.

12-16-2009, 09:05 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Great capture - I hate those buggers but can appreciate the skill in this shot. We were fortuante this year - cold and dry kept them to a minimun this year.
Thanks Dave. Those buggers have feelers that are that sensitive and could just come buzzing near our ear. Irritating, yes, very

Ah I see, so they're both seperate pictures. I thought the first one was the PP'd one of the 2nd. I thought he might've pp'd the second one to look like the first one somehow.
Yes, LeDave, I have shot maybe close to 50 shots and many keepers too. Most without flashlights. Quite a rare opportunity to find this size. By the way, shot this in a village in malaysia.

Marcus
12-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #21

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by marcusyoung Quote
Yes, its call mosquito in our part of the world, tropical malaysia, singapore.

This one is huge and with black/white stripes on its bodies, its known to carry a virus that causes dengue fever, can be fatal though.

IF you have lots of it in your part of the world, it does not augurs well....

Its a disease carrier... YOU NEEED PEST BUSTER.. LOL.

marcus

Yep... Dengue is here too... but we have the super powerful pest busters :P