Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Beautiful Camden, NJ (Ha!)
Lens: FA50mm Camera: K-7 ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: joeyc, 12-14-2009, 09:04 PM

Last Friday, I had some spare time during lunch. So I proceeded to take a long walk down by the Delaware River on the Philadelphia side. It was freezing, but fun none-the-less. Didn't get any real winners, but I was content with how this Panorama came out - especially considering it was a 'dirty', handheld merge - 7 images total.

I'd prefer using my panorama head for stuff like this, but given the focal length and the distance to the subject, I was able to get away with it. Clean seams, low distortion, and good overall exposure.

K-7 with FA50 using manual exposure and sunlight WB. Opened up in Photoshop photomerge, with subsequent image slightly adjusted for black levels, clarity, and sharpening in Lightroom. The more I use and get a feel for the K-7, the more I enjoy. Easily the best camera I have owned to date. I've had the pleasure owning 5 Pentax DSLR's - DL, K200D, K2000, K20D, and K-7. The K-7 is the standout in my mind.

This is the side of Camden I prefer to be on - the safe side (i.e. not Camden!).

Sorry for the rather large size of the image. Anything smaller just didn't do the detail any justice.

Last edited by joeyc; 12-14-2009 at 09:23 PM.
Views: 1,709
12-15-2009, 12:44 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Yes*very clean. I don't use Adobe products but I might have to get one just for the photo merge feature. But that would mean I would have to take some panoramas. I applaud your patience out in the cold.
12-15-2009, 01:48 AM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A very well constructed pano.
Nicely done.
I like this result a lot.
Thanks for sharing it.
12-15-2009, 07:36 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well done it's a nice pano indeed. Looks like the 50mm suited this pretty well.

12-15-2009, 08:19 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I appreciate the warm responses. I realize that the photo isn't anything extraordinary, but wanted to share what I thought was a good example of Photoshop's PhotoMerge. I have come to the conclusion that for any panoramas that are relatively simple, this built in function works well. This was 100% auto - I just did a slight perspective adjustment.

Maybe next time I will plan a little more and choose a better time (late in the day or even early morning).
12-15-2009, 08:20 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Well done it's a nice pano indeed. Looks like the 50mm suited this pretty well.
Actually when you have the distance to do so, the 50mm is an ideal lens/focal length for stitching.
12-15-2009, 05:20 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Good effort there Joe.Don't worry about the size of the image.Like you said,to bring the image to full justice,it needed to be like this.Or what's the point of taking a panaramic shot if you can't see it at it's best.