Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
A Long Road Ends
Posted By: Sailor, 12-18-2009, 07:31 AM

We just returned from Columbus where we witnessed our daughter's graduation and her "official" transition to Dr. Robin - with a Ph.D. in neuroscience. I, of course, recorded the event (as best I could situated in the top tier of seats) and here are several of the images I grabbed. Most of these were taken with a DA 50-200 wide open, at ISO 1600 and shutter speeds far too low for the poor light and moving targets. Still, I've got a record of what to Rob and to us was a very important event.

Jer

Prior to the ceremony:





The Procession begins:



The one with the smile is Robin:



The Procession ends:



President Gee gives some parting advice:



Rob with the sheepskin, her mother and me:


Views: 3,220
12-18-2009, 07:45 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Rense's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Zetten - The Netherlands
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,972
Congrats Jer, with this important event! You must be proud!
And a great series of photos that give a nice impression. Great
colours, with overwhelming red...
12-18-2009, 08:07 AM   #3
Veteran Member
Jimbo's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Maple Ridge BC Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 11,368
Great family event Jer and I bet you and your wife were extremely proud. Great series and awesome family photo. Best to the Season for you and your Family. JIM
12-18-2009, 10:17 AM   #4
Veteran Member




Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Spain
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 574
I like very much the one she is waiting in the queue and smiles to the camera. You must be very proud of such a beautiful and nice (that clean smile canīt lie) doctor. Congratulations!!

12-18-2009, 12:28 PM   #5
Senior Member
Lynn's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Angel Fire, NM
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 146
No more of that thing for me! Personally, I skipped all of my own graduation ceremonies, only to find myself required to attend as a faculty member. Had to sit up there on the stage -- and found myself staring at students' shoes and thinking about trends in shoe fashion design.

Lynn
12-18-2009, 12:50 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Heinrich Lohmann's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Airdrie, Alberta Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,487
First of Jer, congratulations and secondly you did that 50-200 proud. Given the circumstance you did do a marvelous job, congrats on that as well.
12-18-2009, 02:05 PM   #7
Veteran Member
PentX Girl's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,700
Great series of a very important family event captured for posterity Congratulations!
12-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
dadipentak's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 11,311
QuoteOriginally posted by Lynn Quote
No more of that thing for me! Personally, I skipped all of my own graduation ceremonies, only to find myself required to attend as a faculty member. Had to sit up there on the stage -- and found myself staring at students' shoes and thinking about trends in shoe fashion design.

Lynn
LOL! I can't telly you how many of those I've been through (orchestrated a few, too) I always volunteered to help with one thing or another so I didn't have to sit through it. It was always fun to work with the graduates though--just a happy occasion.

Congratulations Sailor--I know very proud (and rightfully so!)

12-18-2009, 03:38 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 22,284
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Congrats Jer, with this important event! You must be proud!
And a great series of photos that give a nice impression. Great
colours, with overwhelming red...
Hey, thanks Rense.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Great family event Jer and I bet you and your wife were extremely proud. Great series and awesome family photo. Best to the Season for you and your Family. JIM
Thanks so much, buddy.

Jer
12-18-2009, 03:45 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 22,284
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by juanraortiz Quote
I like very much the one she is waiting in the queue and smiles to the camera. You must be very proud of such a beautiful and nice (that clean smile canīt lie) doctor. Congratulations!!
I really appreciate you kind words, Juan.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Lynn Quote
No more of that thing for me! Personally, I skipped all of my own graduation ceremonies, only to find myself required to attend as a faculty member. Had to sit up there on the stage -- and found myself staring at students' shoes and thinking about trends in shoe fashion design.

Lynn
I'm baffled that you didn't notice my svelt, stylish loafers.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
First of Jer, congratulations and secondly you did that 50-200 proud. Given the circumstance you did do a marvelous job, congrats on that as well.
Heinrich, you're a prince. Thanks so much.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by PentX Girl Quote
Great series of a very important family event captured for posterity Congratulations!
I appreciate it Jan.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
LOL! I can't telly you how many of those I've been through (orchestrated a few, too) I always volunteered to help with one thing or another so I didn't have to sit through it. It was always fun to work with the graduates though--just a happy occasion.

Congratulations Sailor--I know very proud (and rightfully so!)
Proud indeed and thanks much. It was a longish ceremony - thankfully only the doctorates' names were called, but everybody walked; Ohio State takes pride in the fact that graduates receive the sheepskin at the ceremony.

I walked for my undergrad degree (a requirement in those mediaeval days), but I finished my Ph.D. months away from the graduation ceremony and had to be satisfied with mail delivery of the diploma.

Jer
12-18-2009, 04:37 PM   #11
JMR
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 3,332
Congratualtions to you and your daughter. The photos are fine. The PHD is even better!

JMR
12-18-2009, 07:58 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mallee Boy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,874
Congratulations Jer & Mrs Jer, and of course to your daughter.

You must all quite rightly be very proud of a great all round achievement.

Nice shots to, particlarly like the one where she is standing in line looking directly at you. It oozes love, affection and gratitude.

Cheers mate.
12-18-2009, 08:09 PM   #13
graphicgr8s
Guest




Congrats to your daughter Jer. Long hard road I bet. And they are nice shots. Except the last one. There's some old guy spoiling it.
12-18-2009, 09:49 PM   #14
Veteran Member
dantuyhoa's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,245
Congrats Jer . What a day !

I must say you look like some FBI agent : Pentax , I mean , X-file ?
12-18-2009, 10:28 PM   #15
Veteran Member
LeDave's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Minneapolis - St. Paul
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,045
QuoteOriginally posted by dantuyhoa Quote
Congrats Jer . What a day !

I must say you look like some FBI agent : Pentax , I mean , X-file ?
That's what I was thinking, looks like some top cop chief or something. Also congratulations by the way, you must feel like one of the happiest father there is that day.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, event, photo, procession, robin
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Long and Winding Road Beachnutt Monthly Photo Contests 1 11-24-2009 07:43 PM
Sports Road Racing at Road Atlanta - WERA Grand National Finals emilf Post Your Photos! 16 10-14-2009 05:17 PM
Samsung, you have a long and winding road... alexramos Pentax News and Rumors 9 09-11-2009 03:59 AM
Odds and ends JMR Post Your Photos! 2 07-14-2008 03:58 AM
long is a road tipentax38 Post Your Photos! 3 02-18-2007 09:01 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:32 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top