Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Love at first sight
Posted By: sandpiper6, 11-22-2006, 04:49 PM

This shot was grabbed micro-moments after seeing her first-born son for the first time. This is what helped me fall in love with birth photography! The title is about the mom's love at first sight though.

Some people who see this tell me that I should enter it in a contest. While the moment is right, I do not think the technical proficiency is there. Pentax *ist-D with manual lens, no flash. This might have been the 50mm, 1.4 manual lens. I'll have to check the original.

Faith

This is the version I sent for print. I previously posted an over-edited version. I like this better.
The specs: Manual lens does not give exif info on mm and aperture. The other info is ISO 400, 1/250 in Aperture Priority. I'm pretty sure it was the 50mm lens, probably set to 2.8 manually.

Attached Images

Last edited by sandpiper6; 11-22-2006 at 05:00 PM.
Views: 2,031
11-22-2006, 04:55 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wow...

This is one of those photos that grabs you by the heart. Powerful.

Well done!
11-22-2006, 05:38 PM   #3
roy
Inactive Account

very well done..
11-22-2006, 05:46 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sandpiper6 Quote
This shot was grabbed micro-moments after seeing her first-born son for the first time. This is what helped me fall in love with birth photography! The title is about the mom's love at first sight though.

Some people who see this tell me that I should enter it in a contest. While the moment is right, I do not think the technical proficiency is there. Pentax *ist-D with manual lens, no flash. This might have been the 50mm, 1.4 manual lens. I'll have to check the original.

Faith

This is the version I sent for print. I previously posted an over-edited version. I like this better.
The specs: Manual lens does not give exif info on mm and aperture. The other info is ISO 400, 1/250 in Aperture Priority. I'm pretty sure it was the 50mm lens, probably set to 2.8 manually.
congratulations!

you captured a moment that you will never forget. brings back memories of when my kids where born.
lets see some of the new born shots!

again congraulations to you, your other half and your family

randy

11-22-2006, 07:27 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Randy - I couldn't tell what you meant with your congrats. This is not our baby or family. This was something I did for a client a year ago. I'm just new here and wanted to post something from my own work.

Here are the thumbnails from the sample album we made from the maternity, birth and newborn sessions. They have just finished up their one year package last month. Now, I need to design a sample from beginning to end.

Here's the slideshow. If the images are too slow for you, you can click on each one to move to the next one.

Thanks for the comments.
Faith

Last edited by sandpiper6; 11-22-2006 at 07:32 PM.
11-22-2006, 08:50 PM   #6

Congratulations and I actually like the shot.

Rare to capture such things when the event is actually happening
11-22-2006, 10:03 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sandpiper6 Quote
Here are the thumbnails from the sample album we made from the maternity, birth and newborn sessions. They have just finished up their one year package last month. Now, I need to design a sample from beginning to end.
Hi Faith!

This is an absolutely fantastic collection. I can't tell you how much I wish I had something like that from when my daughter was born. How do you get clients - by word of mouth or do you advertise?

Good luck keeping this most valuable venture going!

11-22-2006, 10:26 PM   #8
Inactive Account

What a precious moment you captured. Nice work on this photo!!
11-22-2006, 11:42 PM   #9
Veteran Member

One photo tells a thousand words. A memorable shot
11-23-2006, 04:07 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Faith,

All I can say is Outstanding, this capture is contest material. and I love the slide show. excelant work Congrats.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David