Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
HDR try out
Lens: 20 Camera: K-7 ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: ombreus, 12-26-2009, 08:58 AM

I just tried to do some HDR. I hope you will like it.

Which one of this first 2 you like more and why?
I would like to hear your comments and advices. I am newbie to dSLR.

SMC-A 50/1,7

Last edited by ombreus; 12-26-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Views: 1,929
12-26-2009, 01:37 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
HDR processing is quite an acquired skill and needs to be tamed to avoid the loud overdone grungy look HDR images can come out looking like.

Here neither of the first two images are appealing, but between the two, #2 looks better.

#1 is simply a burnt out mess of overexposed, oversaturated clutter, with an inappropriate selection of aperture. The scene itself is not very photogenic. The sky is severely altered and the unnatural result is unsightly. The B&W version does little to manage the harshness of this image. Sorry.

#3 and 4 are decent landscape images, #4 has been spoiled by the HDR-oversharpened clutter of foliage on the bottom of the frame. Granted, it's a tough time of the day to capture such a scene effectively, but I'm not sure HDR can salvage it all that well.
12-27-2009, 12:38 AM   #3
Veteran Member

yeah, what he said above

I really do like the composition except for the fact that the colors are just not natural. It's has a too processed look to it. A for effort though ^^ I'm sure you'll get better over time. But like I how you framed the first two pics. Very eerie. I get a sense of those doors being some kind of a rubicon.
12-27-2009, 01:16 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Third image is nice. Have to agree with Ash, (again ) on the 4th one, in regards to the sharpened, green, trees at the bottom of the photo. It's quite distracting.